Flight Test G+ Community

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
you mean a Circle?

There are far too many social apps to keep track of . . .

. . . but yeah, I'm in. I'll sign up when I get home (stupid work firewall!).

RoyBro

Mentor
G+ added something else called a community. It's not like your personal circles, but it kind of acts like one. I think the difference is that I don't have to add anyone as I do in circles. People can just join.

Johan

I'm also in, but must admit that that was the first time in months I have been on G+ ...
When it started, I visited regularly, but nowadays not very much (might increase now because of this initiative :))

RoyBro

Mentor
All these other social media sites just "dilute" the Flight Test "Experience". :mad:

It is certainly not my intent to dilute the FliteTest forum experience. My intent is to cast a wider net to bring people into FliteTest.

Josh said in one of the interviews that FliteTest is relatively unknown to the RC community in general. And I noticed that there were healthy FPV, RC, Scratch Build, and other related communities on G+. An G+ in general tends to appeal more to the techie type person than your average Facebook member. So once we have some good content and 50 or so members to this community, I intend to send an invite to the other RC related groups to which I belong and see if we can make the overall FliteTest community even stronger.

I hope this endeavour will translate into more forum members and more FliteTest Store sales.

RoyBro

Mentor
Actually it's just a member profile. I'm hoping they'll join, so I can turn ownership over to them. I've already made CraftyDan and Xuzme720 moderators.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Actually it's just a member profile. I'm hoping they'll join, so I can turn ownership over to them. I've already made CraftyDan and Xuzme720 moderators.

Ok, Roy, FM was tired from being constantly chased through the woods by zombies all weekend, but what's your excuse ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The park he works at holds a horror hay ride every year as a fundraiser -- a pretty big deal. It was his year to organize it, and the theme was a Zombie Safari. From all reports it was a good event, but a he was pretty scarce for a while.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Ahh...ok. yes I noticed he wasn't around much but didn't know the reason until I heard chased by zombies. But even that was only part of the story...

RoyBro

Mentor
Ok, Roy, FM was tired from being constantly chased through the woods by zombies all weekend, but what's your excuse ;)

I don't have to wait to be chased by zombies to know I want good people around me. As they say, I don't have to outrun the zombies... :D