Flite Fest '18 Ohio

DharanFlyer

Registration just opened and I see there is now an option for RV camping spot with "Water & Electric".

Anyone know if those are on the Fury Field, or offsite somewhere?

Old Flyboy

I was wondering that too,New site, or still Fury Field. Also how to use the coupon code from the World of Flight,from the Flite Fest campaign and when due we receive the Pilot past Etc. from INDIEGOGO.
Any help thanks.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I never got a code for my Campaign contribution. Hope its just that things are a bit back-logged.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Yeah I never got mine either, that's actually what I am waiting for to register, and I believe that it is still at fury field so no water or electric.

DharanFlyer

Didn't know if they had some kind of upgrade to the field, or if you could just tie into a big generator this year. I know there is the RV campground just down the road to. Don't know if they worked out a deal with them or something. I want to be on the field so will take primitive if that's the case.

Looks like they jumped the gun a bit on opening up registration. Not everything is clear (all links are for 2017 info) and some links are broken. Plus the confusion of the registration option I asked about.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I try to keep it semi-primitive:
CampingOnSite.jpg

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think I like that style of bed mounted tent over any of the others I have seen. Seem like you have more peripheral space where the others tend to stop at the inner bed walls and not cover them. does that give you kind of a shelf space thing that way or is that just a rain cover that hangs over for run off?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
It has AWESOME runoff with it extending over the bed sides. I got it for my old truck that had a longer bed. Still works ok with this truck but gets scrunched up at the tail of the truck. I should make a bed extender to get back the missing space. Also have an air matress that fit the old bed with cutouts for the wheel wells. Nice to be up off the ground. Epecially during inclimate weather.

Cheers!
LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah you was living in a palace for Swamp Fest then first two days huh. Hopefully we get off to a better start this year.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm bringin my nitro monster truck if I can manage to grind out the broken nylon ball joints and get them replaced before then. Also possibly a hover craft of my own design in case the weather wants to play tricks on us again. Worst comes to worse there will be plenty of motors around and I can just ride the air mattress that will be there as well.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
With all these great water / hover craft ideas, ya'll will be sad if we don't have another FloatFest :p

LitterBug

Techno Nut
With all these great water / hover craft ideas, ya'll will be sad if we don't have another FloatFest :p

well.... Living here in OH, I can say chances are HIGH that we will need to build an ARK before FloatFestEast'18. Cray cray wet this spring.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Seahawk

Just curious, but has anyone received their codes from the funding campaign, and if so how did you receive it? i.e. postal mail, email, facebook...etc.

My understanding so far, is that campaign items have not yet been sent out.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
well.... Living here in OH, I can say chances are HIGH that we will need to build an ARK before FloatFestEast'18. Cray cray wet this spring.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Not I. I am bringing (hopefully) my nitro Franken truck and maybe if I get it done and working my own take on a hovercraft. All though it will be a tad larger then Whoop size.

That truck has a 3.2 hp motor on it and I am sure it could easily pull an air mattress with a kid or two on it across some puddles. If its dry it likes to start dust storms as well when doing donuts. heres a preview for tire selection to give you an idea.

8th scale tires.jpg