Flite Fest 2015 Volunteers Area

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This is a thread for people who want to volunteer, or have volunteered and want to share experiences and ideas to help make Flite Fest 2015 an even more successful event than the first one.

earthsciteach

I will definitely be there in a voluntary capacity, again. Wait…. Maybe that should be, a volunteer capacity.

I would be happy to work registration again, or wherever else need exists. While garbage collection does not sound glamorous, helping Mr. Furey as he runs the line on his Polaris is a pretty cool gig. That man does not know how to stop!

I may not be able to arrive as early as I would like as I have a commitment to a summer camp that I work at every year. Depending on staffing at camp and how the week goes, I may be able to duck out early. I'd prefer to arrive at the Furey's on Wednesday afternoon/evening. I could stomach Thursday. Arriving on Friday would make me feel like I've missed the party.

Most likely, I would be able to arrive sometime Thursday.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Count me in to help out again! I'm still pretty inexperienced with this RC stuff, so I doubt I'll be flying too much. That said, I'm supposed to be coming with a friend, so I don't know my travel schedule yet.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'll be there with Seth. My father might be coming so I do not know if he would like to help.

abieex

Mentor
Count me in Fred! Glad to help wherever needed. Since I'm local and retired my availability is July 6 thru the 15th. I can work all day each day with flying breaks!!! :cool:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
+1 for me . . . as if I had a choice ;)

Abieex,

I haven't heard, but I doubt it -- they did the kickstarter last year to see if more than 20 guys or so would be interested . . . nobody expected it to be one of the largest electric events of the year. Well, nobody but the fans ;)

We were easily in the range of SEFF and E-Nall for attendence -- had a lot of the same feel, size wise. All for an unproven event. That question has been put to bed.

Having the extra layer of complexity from the kickstarter could be felt in the lists of "who gets what planes", "how did you pre-register" and "when can I pick up my kickstarter reward". Having one common pre-registration method just makes more sense. They may still opt to do it, but again, I doubt it.

bitogre

I will definitely be there and have made arrangements so that I can be there early (maybe too early as I can be there are early as July 4th). Like last year, I am willing to help in any way I can but need to be careful about sun exposure.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Last year was the first RC event I have ever attended. It was an amazing experience! Thank you again to all of the folks who volunteered to help keep it running as smoothly as it did. I'm volunteering to help out this year for sure! FlyingMonkeys couldn't keep me away. ;)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've seen some posts from the folks at Furey Field and it appears they are anticipating our return. I can't wait to get back up there, last year Austin's folks were just amazing to host all of us, and were the most friendly and welcoming people you could ever expect to meet.

PlaneAddicted

Cub Crazy
Lucas and I are planning on volunteering again this year. I am thinking we will drive down on Tuesday night and stay in a hotel. Then drive over to the Furey Field first think in the morning on Wednesday to help with any pre-event set up.

John Russcher

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can't wait. I plan to do better this year. I was somewhat surprised when looking back at the posts and such from last year, that we only started putting the volunteer stuff together about a month before the event.

earthsciteach

I've seen some posts from the folks at Furey Field and it appears they are anticipating our return. I can't wait to get back up there, last year Austin's folks were just amazing to host all of us, and were the most friendly and welcoming people you could ever expect to meet.

The Fureys are so amazing! Truth be told, I'm really glad that FTFF is back at Furey Field this year. Mr. and Mrs. Furey are very special people that you don't have the fortune to often meet. Do yourself a favor and strike up a conversation with them. The world needs more folks like the Fureys!

A bit of advice for anyone attending for the first time this summer - Mrs. Furey makes a mean pulled pork BBQ! I pretty much lived off of it at FTFF 2014. YUMMMM!!!!!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Fred, You know I will be there but only to place your hand in warm water while you sleep! Wait, do flying monkeys fling poo like regular monkeys?

I'm pretty sure my Sikorsky WILL occupy all of my time. I LOVED volunteering last year. Anyone thinking of doing it should.

earthsciteach

Andre, that is a really good idea. His hammock is two, single point attachments. It will spin nicely, as long as Sleeping Monkey doesn't have too much mass. We can wrap a rope around the hammock with Fred inside, of course. Tie the other end to Hoffy and send him chasing after some flying object. Imagine the laughs we will have!