Flite Fest 2015 Volunteers Area

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I am volunteering to work in the Build Tent! I will bring a coffee thermos. It will be great to help other beginners have a positive experience. I am wondering about registering for the event. I am planning on camping with a 10x10 pop up shelter and my 4x7 teardrop trailer. How do I register and pay for camping? I do not plan on flying, just gonna help build some great planes with my new friends!

I see your from Kansas... My wife and I will be heading that way as well. We will be leaving from Shawnee.
Hope to meet you there!!!

jksbusiness

Ready to roll

I see your from Kansas... My wife and I will be heading that way as well. We will be leaving from Shawnee.
Hope to meet you there!!!

I am officially registered for a weekend of camping and building! Private message me, themajik1-maybe we could canavan to Flite Fest 2015 site in Ohio. Will you and your wife be camping?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I am volunteering to work in the Build Tent! I will bring a coffee thermos. It will be great to help other beginners have a positive experience. I am wondering about registering for the event. I am planning on camping with a 10x10 pop up shelter and my 4x7 teardrop trailer. How do I register and pay for camping? I do not plan on flying, just gonna help build some great planes with my new friends!

I know you said you are new, but you may want to consider registering as a pilot too. Flite Fest is very noob friendly. There will be volunteers on the flight line that will buddy box to help you if needed too.

And welcome to the build team, we're happy to have you!

earthsciteach

jksbusiness - Don't let your newness dissuade you from registering as a pilot. The atmosphere is one of the friendliest I have ever experienced anywhere and truly is geared toward helping others grow. Its like a big family reunion where all the annoying relatives are banned. LOL!

jksbusiness

Build it and they will come!

jksbusiness - Don't let your newness dissuade you from registering as a pilot. The atmosphere is one of the friendliest I have ever experienced anywhere and truly is geared toward helping others grow. Its like a big family reunion where all the annoying relatives are banned. LOL!

You guys are very encouraging. I think that I will enjoy building this year. I am planning to perfect my building skills at FliteFest so I can share the excitement of flight with the kids in my local scouting troop.

earthsciteach

Not all of them...

Very true. We can't seem to keep Monkey away. We had plans of nabbing him at various roadblocks on the routes into Malvern, but he thwarted our plans by buying a paramotor. We're currently developing small, weaponized drones in defense of his recently acquired technology.

AlternateSource

Flite Fest is sooo close!
I'm considering volunteering this year, but I might be a bit under qualified. I just got into the hobby this year, and I was elated to discover that Flite Fest was going to happen less that 2 hours from my house! I will be attending with my family (I'm 15) from Thursday evening to Sunday evening. I am the only pilot in my family. Should I register to volunteer? How big of a commitment is that, and am I too inexperienced? Thanks!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'm considering volunteering this year, but I might be a bit under qualified. I just got into the hobby this year, and I was elated to discover that Flite Fest was going to happen less that 2 hours from my house! I will be attending with my family (I'm 15) from Thursday evening to Sunday evening. I am the only pilot in my family. Should I register to volunteer? How big of a commitment is that, and am I too inexperienced? Thanks!

Highly recommend parking duty ;-)

Too inexperienced? Not for Flite fest! My son JUST turned 12, and he's volunteering as well. He also just started flying in January.

We need all the volunteers we can get, so yes, sign up. As for how long can you volunteer? I'm looking for some serious father-son time, so we're only doing a couple hours a day. last year was "show up, help out". This year is looking a LITTLE more organizized, but still pretty freeflowing and laid back. Just sign up now, wing it when you get there.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This year is looking a LITTLE more organizized

Watch your mouth!

Last year was VERY organized... but it didn't stay that way. I found out that event volunteers aren't the same as camp host volunteers, and a more... shotgun approach is needed. ;) I'll leave it to you to figure out if that is to be meant literally or figuratively.

EHV8TR

Hello everyone, this will be my first flitefest and I'm you latest victim, errr volunteer for the event.. Totally looking forward to attending, helping, learning and FLYING!!! :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Watch your mouth!

Last year was VERY organized... but it didn't stay that way. I found out that event volunteers aren't the same as camp host volunteers, and a more... shotgun approach is needed. ;) I'll leave it to you to figure out if that is to be meant literally or figuratively.

We've got you covered Fred. Or was that duct taped? I forget what the plan is at this point ;)