Flite Fest 2016 - JULY 14-17 @ Furey Field (was August 4-7)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
On another note: I wonder if it'd be possible to preorder kits for Flitefest, kind of like what they had as Kickstarter rewards in 2014.
That way I could order via paypal and be sure I had something to build when I get there instead of possibly going through the same hassle with my credit card company as last year.

I'd contact shop support / Jen for that. Perhaps you can buy gift cards and pay with them?

I had no problems buying stuff last year with my CC. If I recall correctly it was handled via Paypal anyway. I'm pretty sure they can find a way to handle direct PayPal on the field too

Njfoam

Can't wait coming for the whole event this year. My brother is lending me his 25 foot travel trailer. Going to be so much fun. Lets start now and pray for 5 days of sun.
Excited as well ,how many planes can I fit into an 18' travel trailer? At least 16 ( that's what we had last year)

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
So I'm thinking of going for the first time this year. I have a few questions. I'm not an AMA member, but I'm assuming I need to be to fly. Does it need to be a full membership or will a park flyer membership work?

A few friends and I are thinking of camping there with tents. How many tents and car are allowed per registered lot?

I fly dsm2, I'm guessing that wont cut it. Was DSMX working fine last year? None of my planes are near and dear so if they go down thats fine, just thought I would ask. I also have a turnigy i6 I would take but I'm not sure thats a better system?

Thanks!

Justin

PlaneAddicted

Cub Crazy
Justin,

My son and I didn't have any issues with DSMX. We have a couple dsm2 receivers in our bloody wonders and I had an issue during the combat but my son did not any any issues.

I am not sure about the open ama vs park flyer ama, hopefully somebody else can chime in on this.

Based on the size of the camping sites last year you should be able to fix a couple medium size tents, a pop up and one car with out being to crowded.

-JohnR

krinaman

A few friends and I are thinking of camping there with tents. How many tents and car are allowed per registered lot?

They mark out lots so basically as many as you can fit. I'm going to guess 20-40ish to 25-50ish. You could probably get two cars and two tents but not have much more room. We did 3 in two spots and it was kind of cramped.