Flite Fest 2016 Volunteers

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I can wear orange FliteFest Volunteer shirts for 3 out of 4 days of the event (assuming I get 1 new shirt when I get there) without wearing the same shirt twice and I would be surprise if Balu was not in a similar situation. So, I do not why you are saying "Ewww".

Next year, I will have 4 orange shirts. So I will have one for every day (assuming FliteFest does not go to 5 or more days).

I remember last year after a few day of slinging straw bails I was so happy to have a shower ;)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I have my own orange shirt saying "Balu", an orange Air Bears shirt and two official orange volunteer shirts from last year. I'm not sure if I got the second one because there were 4XL shirts left that were too big for everyone else or because someone wanted to hint me about "ewww..." ;-).

Does anyone remember what kind of walkie-talkies you had last year? I don't think you use PMR radios in the US?

HilldaFlyer

Thanks for checking... Post number 7 has Andre using two cameras..

If that is used in a different thread... I'll be happy to put the question there.

Moved Post -

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hillda,

I'm in the frequent offender club when it comes to OT infractions, so no worries there ;)

Just wondering if you meant to post here instead. Didn't notice the vid in the post you quoted from, so your post looked just a bit non sequitur.

Carry on :)

HilldaFlyer

Yup, that is where it should have gone - Thanks for pointing it out.
Cleaned it up by deleting it. Now, roll up the sleeves and back to volunteer work.

Last edited:

BEEMANS

NEVER FLY WITHOUT IT
Hello
I decided to volunteer this year at flite fest also this will be my firs year attending. I wanted any advice on what to bring as a volunteer and as a regular flyer.

Thanks

Bryan McCord "BEEMANS"

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Although I do believe in supporting (and do support) the food vendors at events such as these, it's fun to get together and break bread with friends and friends we have not met yet. Anyone interested in some sort of Volunteer meal get together thing? Maybe an informal "dish to pass/pot luck" scenario?

HilldaFlyer

Could work real well. Could have a friendly cook-off competition with Stew, Chili, Mac&Cheese etc.

I do a thing at work called potluck pancakes... I make the pancakes and everyone brings a topping to share. I'm willing to make the cakes if people are interested in something like that for breakfast. BYO-Plate-Fork.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Could work real well. Could have a friendly cook-off competition with Stew, Chili, Mac&Cheese etc.

I do a thing at work called potluck pancakes... I make the pancakes and everyone brings a topping to share. I'm willing to make the cakes if people are interested in something like that for breakfast. BYO-Plate-Fork.

Dude I'm so in! I can help with the pancakes or cook sausages. I have a Honda generator that will run my big griddle. Should this go on another thread. I don't want to cause clutter...

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
I'm down for a cook off. I make a mean bowl of breakfast cereal.

On a semi- serious note we could do a 'volunteers feed everyone' night. I realize that on a 10 thousand person scale that's probably not practical but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Rob D

I would hate to see Fury property after 10,000 people hehe was only 4,000 to 5,000 last year i believe. :p

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I decided to volunteer this year at flite fest also this will be my firs year attending. I wanted any advice on what to bring as a volunteer and as a regular flyer.

The most important thing to bring is you. Everything else we can figure out. :)