Flite Fest 2016 Volunteers

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Thank you

Simple put. Thank you.

Without everyone's help Flite Fest 2016 would not have been what it was.

The sheer amount of effort everyone was willing to put in just floored me.

Over the coming weeks I'll asking for your feedback. This will help improve things for future events.

For the time being please rest up and reflect on just how amazing this past weekend has been.
After 3 short years our little event has grown into something very special.

I am so proud of all of you.

Andre.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
This was an amazing event!

Thank You for donating so much of your time to making it a great experience for everyone.

I had a blast, made lots of new friends, and converted several from digital to physical.

Count me in for next year - both attending and volunteering. Cause I don't know which part was the most fun. :)

HilldaFlyer

Volunteer Pancakes

Thanks for everyone who actually ate the pancakes. Special thanks to the man who made the coffee... please identify yourself (sorry, forgot your name), Jay Vining (taking the photo and helping all days), Stephan Resema (Rasterize), Chris (Kanley). You guys rock!

RgR-NScRfhhiGxSwhX1xoAsIsiwkAzwseONfCw-UUBp9dwmg81hc7E08_hfKfYV1F-AcwVkrCjvWXsFfptcP3g0wAmn2G1RDZUT4qzVzBoHPZN8759UiXe3vK-7QjHPFbJZyH7rX

Chris (Kanly) and David (HilldaFlyer) cooking pancakes for the volunteers.

HaUyEIZj7ugBIT7z4IcTeK3Ap6mN-3_atL5Us-KqeZ13mvlUdHUhZAzCAkBaOkGVKmHd2CLppYMEnASunog29CBIqYOizakGrnt1DZu8jim9hzhgldUYiozr73NPMURBflls_LsE

Stephen (Rasterize) and Chris (Kanly) cooking pancakes. Coffee maker dude in the back left.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Next year I'm requesting to be on trash duty once too. If you get a dump truck again that is.

I mean, seriously. Who doesn't want to ride on the back of a dump truck? :)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Meh, the grumpy old man that I am just wonders how many lipos holding a charge were thrown into the back of that dump truck people people just tossed them into the trash.

kacknor

Build another!
Next year I'm requesting to be on trash duty once too. If you get a dump truck again that is.

I mean, seriously. Who doesn't want to ride on the back of a dump truck? :)

Dang if I wasn't thinking the same thing when I saw them riding along... But I just kept driving the shuttle cart and it passed quickly enough. :rolleyes:

JD

Crazy Goats

It was funny when I was introducing myself to Andre and said CrazyGoats, but quickly changed to Nikolas. So weird to meet people in real life that I have talked to on the internet before. I almost called people by their internet names more than once.

Flite Fest was such an awesome experience! My only regret is that I spent too little time meeting and talking to new people, and didn't get everyone's name. I spent all weekend interacting with some other volunteers around my age and I don't know a single thing about them including names!

I laughed when I read this part of Andres letter: "And no, I still haven't gotten my voice back." I could hear his voice getting a little strained during the event.

I hope I can make it to FF again. I definaty will be volunteering again. When I left, Andre thanked me for volunteering but really, the pleasure was all mine. Thanks again Andre! ;)

97tj-neil

"I hope I can make it to FF again. I definaty will be volunteering again. When I left, Andre thanked me for volunteering but really, the pleasure was all mine. Thanks again Andre!"

I know what you mean. I stopped by to say goodbye to Andre on our way out Saturday evening, and to thank him for all his hard work. You know what he did? Gave us both an FT coffee mug. He's a class act.

HilldaFlyer

Photo Essay

Here are a few photos I took at FF2016. Enjoy?
Photos - FliteFest 2016

ekfGVMulWRslgjZhKz34-zLpbxi2HxeuQNQHLnEAFbe9mUwR_QBDOYs5-TdKBstpWetYxEf2ZbOE0sjrlq_FNjlsHXZ0Xxmus8ts9kJSJ4sPL5YlVlNMC0is7mHzBYB39MeT2UR2

Taking a break from setting up the FliteTest Store. Left to right, Jen, Eddie, Wendy and Name?

5Gfv3__XEvi20xEIFo0Yi5-3WBJ1Lyop8TyxsO-cFBzftZG86ni9TMb3mHs72PCb8xONqdxjpmv3wqu1_G5ceU45nr1TX71RpkuXuFzsCIgQoyH5oNUVH17Yy_DbGZHliIh7FuPb

Burning FliteTest Gremlin onto the boxes. Name and Ben.

PDSt3v4hCQJI0XOWvTc2Tio0BxG6g2x_WpFJOVnuJP6bW-RuEiVe_qLUKmmMGDhTjA9Xk-jHwFi1ts7BDrNdXhjJ4uWkUh-NgnzO2EKZCMMWrI4kpbBR0CndCs1vBlyh9C6Axy46

Laying down straw along the driving paths.

WfW5DbJILgBWhq5hloUlEtyKUWV7yw4u2NoJ9dhv45CUZX2c2QCaJWVNguxqWP4cfc8FSWls_vnIRuqX4qP8AegWeNQrqrTD3OfckAv86i6KRcgvEPs3pKj_0QF9e2d2JVrE9h6y

Austin (Screen name), driving was the easy job.

txfD8F3Q3R7JFKCqtnmygnguRYAOTD3vrPzdsh116llvkhI2uilmVfxvW8iw2udsOZwi5AtCwK1ZcSOPxbLMZWHPeY6vxDvrrNNmjCSOzvVFmx18fVdBMBbtXNR88X-S_LZSlEiN

Jake setting up the STEM Tent.

31abx2c_fHpOxnDMp_0PWz5Q3UmMW6SvrEuLWtPimnXL632HPObEU2qK0kQZB0wFxrEEEA7x_KpZLkxCYuUPpTxhTrqTDadTAfJVH1D-NflcV9a9tfFXnke_gtSq3yhdwpJTzsqv

Patrick (screen name?) moving 13 tons of electrical cords used in the build tents. It was hard work buzzing around in a climate controlled cab of the "CAT".

49LgXB6_ugmxJRmmDLloc0a_EzUUolec6kvRQy31EFHf4atwPse2qR5jxtvrSvwvHX0yl4A_ZzhO6MbFRPVbPBnfdK8L73uMOc1qCaPVTuKJnv5ylJrPdjYerHYNo088PoI526lN

Joel (joelcannon419) watching Joshua (willsonman) flying his DLG.

You gotta hold your tongue just right. :p

FI9I7Lr9NAevwAFxaKUNcAPn0_xAHBcfgCH4rJqXkLdb0f-r0J-PoqMdMf2xe80DCBvKJgKuW9gXA8av2RcysAlfTA1MHsvifSHw8o-cXyikQZaeW3k2BR551X-x1JCvRVlB8ik-

Andre (Andre), NAME?, Carl (wilmracer) looking to fly.

e9RRksHDdOxEirBnoViLmP-SCnFgNy8LRQjUvzF8TAscgPirn0gBaYgG_WBDTd7efmuKI_wfL7MYyr90ZCSFdKHPZ1HZeIbPM6i8RipIR61NRMKzoFG6uyQuCQPpIFPmetRNyV_I

I don't know if Joel (jcannon614) was excited about FliteFest 2016.

YHP9OAoMRM35lwbGbE2sRTo96aWKX2sGV4_uLFFeVOUCfbR-kg3sbP584jUJ20K81ViU8tkCdc6CHXev7jrU_lClHgsIGBy2-hNTjlw0RQf0LHGN8vwgXac73c4BUTL4dC8k6Qie

Josh Bixler, Noah Bixler, Mike Finley, Eddie Black, Ben Grenawalt, Name, Dan (Sponz) getting ready for the feast.

RgR-NScRfhhiGxSwhX1xoAsIsiwkAzwseONfCw-UUBp9dwmg81hc7E08_hfKfYV1F-AcwVkrCjvWXsFfptcP3g0wAmn2G1RDZUT4qzVzBoHPZN8759UiXe3vK-7QjHPFbJZyH7rX

Chris (Kanly) and David (HilldaFlyer) cooking pancakes for the volunteers.

HaUyEIZj7ugBIT7z4IcTeK3Ap6mN-3_atL5Us-KqeZ13mvlUdHUhZAzCAkBaOkGVKmHd2CLppYMEnASunog29CBIqYOizakGrnt1DZu8jim9hzhgldUYiozr73NPMURBflls_LsE

Stephen (Rasterize) and Chris (Kanly) cooking pancakes. The gentleman in the orange volunteer shirt in the back left is the man you should thank for the volunteer's morning coffee. Please ID yourself.

TlEaWxrAoCwOBt14aHzqLL2JZ1InY8oU1Y6wMI7VoDA1YnzXbsqcgD226zd4lt-Z61bllYdc4gkF6WRN1jRnzm8UfYbfWLn0diukQs7pejUfMXt4IV3hSRJeJd-zV4KYuh84lDEe

Friday morning - this is my reward for getting up at 5:30 to start the generators so everyone could shower and start building.

Ox-T5eSNd6rO46eOqExWQGkb74o1C0T-JZJ81Q4R81Eu99NzcoPeVB_-ZNI8wadJp_lhDLQL4xRmQL1yL4qRovClKxG3cEeD1uf3IsEzTjIU4YMYo563cgXxvkgyiH0CnEOqRa1a

Planes that requires no introduction (Willsonman’s Hanger)

Jay (Senior12) and David (HilldaFlyer) installed two EDF’s on a Glassed FT-22. Jay's son works with the real thing, so it was a blast building a small one that actually flew.

8BCiXwkMpRzIE8EzKxonqaMpFxw_Y6Qzf_vUoSM3XGDt3NNS3erxd-7R-V4HEyIOENvQ9i1JOi_ai1wcTByIE6uu5x8ODfSeNprFZGEm-EEbZAMmTx8Tvdj925gUblB64vnTNJD4

The top of the FT-22 designed in recognition of our work to install the electricity to the build tents, vendors and... everything else. Jay was a top notch pilot... nailed the maiden with rolls and everything.

xOr38M-FlHL79iyDPCXFdXlADVXkANEBzY-tP6mgmCqBNzKpIDRFRzkEKAMJvMl2dp8ImCDLv_DwfW2A8tqf9GyRI8Lc8y9IU0PNVg3I4TpYzXigVQ2W4m83gRp5imTGaibBxHEt

Steve, Kevin and Nick (Freefall RC Podcast) and their 97” SE5

ezcRPo4VrqQ4qwAi63fNKUlSGDGQ382Fs3o_RprR6BkfnEuJStgqC0sEmpEP-XoiB9Z6ODG2S_TMhsNqkPB4UanxenGzIeC1_YJWImFYJ84OffI1uEYDveKJRq3TwP6kXOSAU91_

Willsonman… Let the Gotha Fly….

HDGEV-YRQ4Bu7Ay9q04MQhiHgFpoRumncSkLjBjXjU8XfkVXUz7KKkZ2p4HyIfqivMhkwKVlnzZcXnLM_-SrzcDpTj6SIdidZdz7oU2VGCSTI0ec3J9ZRQ5emPTKcDafN1ckUa7H

HilldaFlyer’s hanger… next year I’m not bringing them all.

tqCav0BcRdwFcTRmEIXoqWO9G-d2rSsJme_1OmqjwUuPvuuMKSWR4RUr2tmMclNsn-4xgUIu-8yxTN5ev_ZflozmHkPo6i6gPam-wBSE5SPchAmypBPs3XuLzA09qE1c7qCXPysy

After the combat.
0nLLEmf-J__FsJq8B286gBdt6x5W5AJqAPrVZGe42SD1Hfg7wBMIg9KxYiOPu3OTcPdurGxa-dFdfSPVDpUl6IJJvw42SOx_ooWlwp7yHLnCPni3FC6ig6JZd0TTf95yYyF_wgIW

Sunday morning fog lifting, turned the generators on and hit the road for home... until next year.

Last edited: