Flite Fest 2016 Volunteers

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
(Added this post from the locked area to reach as many as I can.)

Good afternoon.

For those who did not know I'm the 2016 Flite Fest Volunteer Manager. Yikes eh, the Canadian has taken over.
Joking aside Fred is not able to attend this year (boo). I am going to do my best to keep things running smooth.

11411725_10153467323346303_3647157999501870300_o.jpg

Here is where we stand and how things are going.

As of today we have 80+ volunteers listed.
OffAxis is currently our newest recruit.

If you are interested in being part of the team please sign up here.
http://flitefest.com/volunteer/

My goal is simple. 2 shifts per volunteer all weekend long. And no back to back days.
(Thursday/Saturday, Friday/Sunday)
Right now I figure we are 75% there and need another 30-40 people to chip in.
I'm also hoping there will be extra recruitment during the event as well.

I hope to sending out some more details and information in the near future.

In the meantime if you have questions.
Post them here or contact me in person.

Andre Rousseau
2016 Flite Fest Volunteer Manager
http://flitefest.com/volunteer/
andre@flitetest.com

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Do we get extra credit if we do more than two shifts? Can not wait!

Good question but my honest goal/desire is that no one works more then 2 shifts the entire weekend.

We are still building the working model but have 2 years of hard experience to fall back on.

More to follow.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Joking aside Fred is not able to attend this year (boo).

Boo indeed.

As for the two shifts plan... Are you going to enforce that? Or can we wear orange for the whole event? :)

Being a volunteer makes it even easier to get to know people and it's a lot of fun if you can help them with whatever they need.

So don't be shy and join the troops if you didn't already. :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Boo indeed.

As for the two shifts plan... Are you going to enforce that? Or can we wear orange for the whole event? :)

Being a volunteer makes it even easier to get to know people and it's a lot of fun if you can help them with whatever they need.

So don't be shy and join the troops if you didn't already. :)

Great question.

No of course not. Feel free the wear the shirt all weekend long <ewww> :p .
I just want to maximum everyone's FF experience.

If you are helping out. The last thing I want to see is anyone overwhelmed or missing out on the fun.
Hence the limited shifts and no back to back days.

Balu I can pass you a clip board if you'd like.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm really looking forward to this - my first RC event - and I always view volunteering as a way to help me meet people while doing something to better the entire group. And hopefully get to put real faces behind the virtual friends I've made on the forums and people I feel like I know from all the videos and podcasts. Unfortunately I have to leave very early Saturday morning, but I want to pack in as much fun as I can from Wednesday until I have to exit, stage left. :)

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
I won't call you 'sir' this time, I promise!

Also, would it be at all possible to post the volunteer list somewhere so we can check to confirm whether we are or are not signed up?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Andre,

Tough shoes to fill, honestly what human being could wear FlyingMonkey shoes? They have tiny feet. But, I think you'll do a great job, even though you're from Canadia. :p

Seriously though, all joking aside...I just want to say thanks for taking on this task.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
This has reminded me, I need to get on the volunteer list. Don't think I'm signed up for anything at all.

bitogre

No of course not. Feel free the wear the shirt all weekend long <ewww> :p .

I can wear orange FliteFest Volunteer shirts for 3 out of 4 days of the event (assuming I get 1 new shirt when I get there) without wearing the same shirt twice and I would be surprise if Balu was not in a similar situation. So, I do not why you are saying "Ewww".

Next year, I will have 4 orange shirts. So I will have one for every day (assuming FliteFest does not go to 5 or more days).

bitogre

Does the "no back to back" days apply to you, Josh Bixler, Josh Scott, Alex, Austin, Jen, or the other staff of Flite Test? If it does not, then why are you denying us such honors and company?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Out of curiosity: What constitutes a "shift?" This will be my first FliteFest, so I'm not familiar with the procedures...

Details coming soon.

More or less it is only a few hours where you assist on the flight line or parking duty.
Answering questions, assisting fellow pilots and just being our eyes and ears.

Nothing major or crazy.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Does the "no back to back" days apply to you, Josh Bixler, Josh Scott, Alex, Austin, Jen, or the other staff of Flite Test? If it does not, then why are you denying us such honors and company?

We are not denying anyone but I'm completely aware that people have taken vacation time and spent their hard earned money to come experience Flite Fest. They are doing us the favour by volunteering a bit of time so if I can balance all of that out it means I've succeeded in my plans.

As per the FT crew I can't speak for them but from my POV FT has been a huge change in my life. So this is my change to help out a bit more. Yes I'm going to be busy but if all goes well it won't be crazy just direction and answering questions.

Andre.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'm really looking forward to this - my first RC event - and I always view volunteering as a way to help me meet people while doing something to better the entire group. And hopefully get to put real faces behind the virtual friends I've made on the forums and people I feel like I know from all the videos and podcasts. Unfortunately I have to leave very early Saturday morning, but I want to pack in as much fun as I can from Wednesday until I have to exit, stage left. :)

Good stuff. Sorry you have to leave early but please make sure you experience all you can.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I won't call you 'sir' this time, I promise!

Also, would it be at all possible to post the volunteer list somewhere so we can check to confirm whether we are or are not signed up?

Yeah don't do that. I'm not a teacher anymore ;)

Yes a list/advanced schedule will will be posted soon.

I'm waiting on a few more entries to fill in some gaps.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Andre,

Tough shoes to fill, honestly what human being could wear FlyingMonkey shoes? They have tiny feet. But, I think you'll do a great job, even though you're from Canadia. :p

Seriously though, all joking aside...I just want to say thanks for taking on this task.

No worries.
I'm sure I'll be well worn out by the end of the weekend but it will be worth it.