Flite Fest 2016 World Record

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Just spoke to my brother. We have two more confirmed for the attempt.

Zipper - Max Wedge (custom wing) / Turnigy 9X

Cipher - Max Wedge (custom wing) / Turnigy 9X

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The Plan:

Contact Guinness Records: Not Started (High Priority)

@DharanFlyer someone should contact Guinness ASAP!!! I'm 99% certain we will have the support of Flite Test to make this happen!

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Speaking of RF interference, folks should steer well clear of that oil well. Don't know if there is some kind of transmitter on it, but quite a few planes have gone down near it due to loss of signal.

If IBCrazy is coming again this year, we really should have him use his spectrum analyzer to examine that...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
@DharanFlyer someone should contact Guinness ASAP!!! I'm 99% certain we will have the support of Flite Test to make this happen!

As I said above. The record was acknowledged by the World Record Academy, not by Guiness World Records. So Guiness has not approved of any rules, etc. yet.

DharanFlyer

Set up an account for Guinness and reading though. Will let everyone know once it is out.

I am good with the "planes only" for the attempt. Any arguments against? If not I will update the main post later tonight with some of what we have hit on recently.

DharanFlyer

Submission is into Guinness World Records. We are at 7 weeks out and their response isn't guaranteed until 12 weeks. They have a paid option to accelerate the approval so hopefully that isn't needed. I will keep everyone up to date.

Below is the description submitted:

During Flite Fest (www.flitefest.com) event hosted by Flite Test (www.flitetest.com, www.youtube.com/user/flitetest) in Malvern, Ohio during July 14 - July 17 which will be their third consecutive year running we will make the attempt to break the record. *Last year there was over 1,000 R/C pilots in attendance and over 5,000 general attendees. *A group of R/C pilots coordinated by myself composed of people from all over the country and some international participants are currently organizing to attempt to break the current record held by SEFF in 2008. *This attempt is being lead by the community with the support of the Flite Test group.

Currently the list of individuals is building but we have just gotten official support of the Flite Test group in this endeavor and should see our list fill up presently. *The link to the forum with the coordination is listed at http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?27442-Flite-Fest-2016-World-Record.

The reason the community wants to break the record and set a new one is that we are all deeply passionate about not only the hobby itself but the community that has been built up around Josh Bixler and the Flite Test group. *One way we feel that we can give something back and continue to grow the community and hobby is to achieve a world *recognized achievement through a Guinness World Record.

The current plan is to split up the transmitters used across multiple protocols so that there is minimal interference between the different pilots. *We will be breaking up the pilots into multiple "flights" based on the aircraft they will be using to coordinate what height each group flies at to help avoid mid air collision. *We will be able to use the event PA system to coordinate the groups of pilots. *We will be appointing *"flight leaders" for each group to make more localized calls for the sub groups of tables.

Thank you,
Michael Kaler*

AndyP57

THat's only $7 per participant though. Maybe a $10 suggested donation with whatever remains going to charity?

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
If FT gets on board with this officially I'm sure they'll do some promotion for it through facebook or perhaps youtube. Really need to drum up numbers for participation, I'm looking forward to it!