Flite Fest 2016 World Record

DharanFlyer

It is a bit disappointing to miss meeting up with everyone again, but family first. Ethan (older son) will be almost 4 next year so he may be able to come with me. Goes to the field with me now sometimes when the wife can come and help corral him some while I am flying.

Maybe by '18 we will have plans for the next record we want to break. :D

DharanFlyer

98% there. They have the holder changed to "Flite Test Community" and the body updated. I just asked they drop the "both" from (both USA) so that it only marks Flite Test as USA and the community will be open.

The certificate reads same as the record now when you preview it.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
That's darn near perfect now. Glad your name is still listed in the description too! :cool:

98% there. They have the holder changed to "Flite Test Community" and the body updated. I just asked they drop the "both" from (both USA) so that it only marks Flite Test as USA and the community will be open.

The certificate reads same as the record now when you preview it.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
They actually seem pretty quick at updating it now....I wonder which version will actually be PRINTED for my order. :p

Does it lock in ALL the text at the time of order?

DharanFlyer

It's pretty cool :D

Sp0nz - do you remember if there was a "World Record" logo Flite Test put together? Right now they don't have an image for the record selected and since it was such a big (physically) event most of the pictures are pretty macro are not very single image friendly. If I could send them a FT World Record logo of some kind I can see if they would load that onto the record.

DharanFlyer

The lady I am working with is very nice and understanding.

I don't know. Based on my programming knowledge and how custom stuff like that works it will be the text of whenever you placed the order. (Would of made the image file and sent it to be processed at time of order).

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
It's pretty cool :D

Sp0nz - do you remember if there was a "World Record" logo Flite Test put together? Right now they don't have an image for the record selected and since it was such a big (physically) event most of the pictures are pretty macro are not very single image friendly. If I could send them a FT World Record logo of some kind I can see if they would load that onto the record.

I do not recall anything being done last year, but I am not positive. I will reach out to Flite Test and see if we can't get one put together for it. Anything would be better than that default placeholder image that they are using on the site right now. :eek:

DharanFlyer

Okay. All the text is at 100%. Sp0nz is helping reach out to FT to see if they have an image we can ask GWR to load or if they can make one for it.

Commence mass ordering of certificates!

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Think this might work to give us both credit
mockcertificate.jpg

Old Flyboy

Thank you for all the hard work in organizing this .....as well as to all the volunteers who also made this possible! It is very exciting indeed. Questions: After placing the text you wish on the certificate of participation and you add it to your basket...can anyone tell me when you press "continue" after confirming the details does it go to another screen to actually pay for the certificate? Is the cost 25 pounds or US dollars? Can you use Pay Pal?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
If I recall correctly you add it to a basket and can then checkout later. In addition to the certificate itself I also had to pay extra shipping, so my total was EUR 39.69. I used Paypal and it is listed to be "processed by WorldPay, on behalf of MERCHANDISE MANIA".

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice Balu!! That's a nice way to present the acknowledgement for participating in a world record attempt.

I was not there to participate but I will Thank Dharan Flyer for the effort and drive to stay on top of this for the community. Well done mate :applause:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Certificates ordered for Keegan and me. Shipping was a little ridiculous for a couple pieces of paper, but meh...worth it!