Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I can't go to the event but support the idea

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • This is a terrible idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wont be able to go to FFO this year but I support anything showing respect to veterans anywhere.

Im betting Ben can / may have another special build for this.

Zephyr1

Elite member
P-47.JPG

I'm planning on bringing this beast, courtesy of Niez13, of course! I'm thinking some silver 8th Air Force Paint

JTarmstr

Elite member
Hey @foamtest I was thinking (and I know thats bad) but I was wondering if I were to build say a P-40 airframe, could I send it in via mail? I really want an excuse to build a P-40 but I dont have a motor or ESC for one. Basically I want to build a P-40 with a few small additions and you can add it to your raffle, maybe let someone fly it who didnt bring a warbird. Theres no way for me to attend Flite Fest this year so i cant build my own and bring it or something like that. Idk, just an idea.

kilroy07

Legendary member
So we are getting to the point, where I need to decide what’s going to make it to FF and what isn’t..

So, @foamtest what do you want/need from me?
I can certainly do a couple more of the pre-skinned kits from @Namactual's design (with his blessing) maybe another P-51/Miss America...
But, I'm leaning towards a corsair build... or maybe... just maybe... a P-40 build...

Anyone else want to bet the P-38 might be the surprise release for FF?

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay.I've decided. I'm thinking now, the axis powers need some love....
I've got a storch. That will go in for sure. (mainly because that will give me an excuse to build a second one.!) :LOL:

We've GOT to give all the corsairs and Warhawks something to chase, right?!....
So I'm thinking "maybe"...
I'll also bring along at least one of @localfiend 's ZERO kits;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/42-mitsubishi-a6m-zero-swappable-build-thread.23757/
Looks like a nice simple build and just right to add an adversary to the mix. ;)
Plus, I've always liked the zero...

So, that's my entry.
Kilroy07, Storch and possibly a Zero.

See you all* there (*well, some of you...)
@Namactual you in or out buddy?.... I'll have room in my popup camper if you need a place to "crash"... :ROFLMAO:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Sorry @kilroy07 for my terrible response timing, school and work have been unrelenting until now. I would gladly build any kit you decide to bring for me to build. (I don't have any axis planes in my lineup at the moment ;))

@JTarmstr I have set up a paypal pool to collect donations from those who can't come to the event and still would like to join the cause. I love the idea of shipping in a plane, however that would be very costly to do. (Check out the red bull challenge thread for examples for $200+ shipping rates for planes)

Paypal Pool link
https://paypal.me/pools/c/8eYuzk8A0n

JTarmstr

Elite member
@JTarmstr I have set up a paypal pool to collect donations from those who can't come to the event and still would like to join the cause. I love the idea of shipping in a plane, however that would be very costly to do. (Check out the red bull challenge thread for examples for $200+ shipping rates for planes)

Paypal Pool link
https://paypal.me/pools/c/8eYuzk8A0n

Yeah so I don't have a paypal, but I actually thought of this ahead of time, I have an old Mustang airframe, I measured what the box size and weight would have to be and then I calculated how much it would cost to ship it from where I live to flite test HQ on the USPS website. This is the price it gave me. So $8 isn't bad, and I would be willing to pay it. One of the advantages of the Midwest I guess. If I somehow went on the wrong website or am looking at another price please point it out (I have made mistakes like that before) but I think part of the problem during the Red Bull challenge was a lot of people were shipping their planes in really sturdy containers via air mail.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
If it is practical then I would go for it! Just make sure to let FT know about your plans and what the plane is for.

Horseman3381

Horseman3381 - SR-71 FFAS'19

I plan to bring/donate a version of my foamboard SR-71. I chose this one because it is of my own design, and it will be a unique aircraft to have in the show. I will be building a version with the new FT A-pack radial motors.

20190428_132405.jpg

The question is, do I paint it black? or put some sort of red, white & blue scheme on it? Let me know your thoughts.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Horseman3381 - SR-71 FFAS'19

I plan to bring/donate a version of my foamboard SR-71. I chose this one because it is of my own design, and it will be a unique aircraft to have in the show. I will be building a version with the new FT A-pack radial motors.

View attachment 132449

The question is, do I paint it black? or put some sort of red, white & blue scheme on it? Let me know your thoughts.

I would paint it black in the USAF A-12 paint scheme. It just looks so cool. Nice build by the way.

Horseman3381

I always liked the two-tone black and silver Oxcarts. (y)
This is how I am going to paint the one from the video, we will see how that turns out.

I've always liked this theme on the F-117
View attachment 132450

I could do something similar to this pretty easy, that's not a bad idea, a sort of happy medium.

Also, there it technically three, I have a 150% size version of this I designed that will use the two 50mm edf's that were too big for this one. that will not be ready for FFE though.

Horseman3381

I would paint it black in the USAF A-12 paint scheme. It just looks so cool. Nice build by the way.
Thanks.

I like the idea of painting it black, my concern is keeping orientation on it. We will see, if I run out of time I will probably go this route. (So expect me to show up with an all black one:D)

kilroy07

Legendary member
Also, there it technically three, I have a 150% size version of this I designed that will use the two 50mm edf's that were too big for this one. that will not be ready for FFE though.
We will have to get together for a formation flight! (y) (that is if my girl can keep up with your little screamer!) :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see the two tone scheme!

kilroy07

Legendary member
Well the A-12 actually has a combo of black and titanium. see photo.
The SR 71 was all black.

Yup, the A-12 project was known as OXCART.
The Sr-71 was Senior Crown.

The A-12 was a tad smaller, lighter and Faster than the SR. She also had only one crew...

joelspangler

I keep looking at this thread - I'll be at FF (my first time), but I don't know that my build skills nor flying "talents" would be up to the task for this project. I will certainly either bid on a plane or just donate some $, but I don't know that I feel comfortable building/flying a plane.