Mode 1

Tickets have been purchased. 3 generations of Mode 1 pilots will invade the promised land July 11-14th. I sent my father an email saying I was taking him and my son to Flitefest.. his reply "WOW, That's Great. Thanks a Million" He will turn 82 the first week of July and can most likely out-fly most of us. He's been flying for close to 60 years and he's never lost interest, never walked away from it. Week in, week out he's out there flying.

Can't wait. Should be a very special weekend.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Tickets have been purchased. 3 generations of Mode 1 pilots will invade the promised land July 11-14th. I sent my father an email saying I was taking him and my son to Flitefest.. his reply "WOW, That's Great. Thanks a Million" He will turn 82 the first week of July and can most likely out-fly most of us. He's been flying for close to 60 years and he's never lost interest, never walked away from it. Week in, week out he's out there flying.

Can't wait. Should be a very special weekend.
That's good stuff. Ya'll are going to have a blast. :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Reupped the ama as I plan on flying this year both fixed wing and quads.

Waiting to see if changes to rules get posted and what has been changed before getting tickets but the plan is to go. Already squirrelin money away for the trip.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
i would think with amain hobbies being here in california that they would be able to work together to get a location for another FFW. Maybe its just too much at this moment with edgewater work being done and getting ready to move.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
i would think with amain hobbies being here in california that they would be able to work together to get a location for another FFW. Maybe its just too much at this moment with edgewater work being done and getting ready to move.

Shoot, I'm ready to start planning one FOR them...I know our field has Heli Fun Flys where people have come and camped out, but it's usually with their RVs/trailers (no hookup). There's also a ton of campgrounds literally just down the road from the field, and hotels 15 min. north and south of the field, in either Escondido or Temecula. Something to talk about, maybe, at the board meeting I'm attending on Wed...Maybe we don't do it as an official "FFW", but as a flight festival. We'd have to get the road in to our field fixed first (couple of 4WD vehicles got stuck within the past month, due to the rains), but maybe we could pull something off...

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Yeah i was trying to get a fly in day going at amain as they have a runway on site for customers to fly but they said no when i talked to them about it.

Captain Video

You should check the Ready Made RC website. Their FPV Fest is being held at Edgewater August 1-4. Very interesting though. I got this notification in an email from RMRC.

Attachments

• EdgeWater.jpg
    EdgeWater.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 0

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
At Flite Fest Ohio, in years of good weather, about how many midairs occur, per day, during open fly?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
At Flite Fest Ohio, in years of good weather, about how many midairs occur, per day, during open fly?

In my experience, a couple dozen per day outside of the combat sessions. Seen some spectacular foam explosions as a slow moving noob launches in front of the high speed racer screaming past.

It's why we say "bring the friends you love, and the planes you don't" :D