Flite Fest 2020 CANCELLED

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Expect they don't have the camping / parking / road infrastructure in place to handle the crowd size yet - that wasn't top construction priority from the earlier Edgewater plans.
Yeah, I was at edgewater and it’s definitely not ff ready. They don’t even have the whole golf course yet, only the “rediboard runway” and the large one that they did the flying tank and flying battleship. It just isn’t ready the way it is. Now once they set all the golfers out, I think it is possible. But they have to finish up the buildings in the plans and get the whole camping spot and parking ready. It’s pretty small, actually, what they are using right now. Just a fraction of the place. The rest of the huge area is being used by golfers. There were a lot of them there when I was there...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Expect they don't have the camping / parking / road infrastructure in place to handle the crowd size yet - that wasn't top construction priority from the earlier Edgewater plans.
I'm no expert. I would think established sod would be far better than a wheat/hay field.

basslord1124

Master member
Got a question and I think I know the answer to this, but just want to make sure...

So as far as I know, it's going to be me, my wife, and little one coming to FF 2020. My wife is worried about getting from the parking area to where the festivities are (in terms of walking distance and in the intense heat). Are there golf carts or some way of being shuttled from the parking area to the main area?

Fidget

Got a question and I think I know the answer to this, but just want to make sure...

So as far as I know, it's going to be me, my wife, and little one coming to FF 2020. My wife is worried about getting from the parking area to where the festivities are (in terms of walking distance and in the intense heat). Are there golf carts or some way of being shuttled from the parking area to the main area?

Yes. There's a golf cart shuttle pretty continuously. And they've really consolidated the main area, and have AC in the store, & dedicated tents for shade. The portapotty service is good, but they only stay so clean with 1000+ guys using them. Based on my family, I'm guessing that will be what she like least.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Yeah, there are shuttles that can take you around the complex.

DbleDuce

Can someone tell me if camping space is limited? My son and I are coming from Fort Worth and wanted to get there Friday morning. Would we have a good chance at finding a camping spot or should we try and get there Thursday?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Can someone tell me if camping space is limited? My son and I are coming from Fort Worth and wanted to get there Friday morning. Would we have a good chance at finding a camping spot or should we try and get there Thursday?
I don't think you'll have much of a problem finding a spot. The thing is that you'll probably be set up farther away from all the action so you'll have to walk farther to get to it...

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

I commuted everyday from my hotel arriving early. I had good parking spots every time, and didn't have far to walk.

Hoomi

Master member
FliteTest and Amazon, joining in delivery, but only for the golfers - "Here's your extra tees, golf balls, and rangefinder!" LOL

Even more fun - "Your ball landed over there, right where we just dropped another 25 identical golf balls, so which one is REALLY yours?"

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hmmm.... drop a golf ball, then try to spot land on it, closest one wins... :)

Lol sounds like our club during the “Combat trifecta”. At the end of a particular round, we play “horseshoes” - whoever gets closest to a cone on the runway gets extra points. But, you can knock them out and push yourself closer if you can.