Hey guys, going to my first FF next month and am very excited! Question, are motorized vehicles allowed for getting around? I have 2 "pit bikes" which are little 125cc mini dirt bikes that I usually take to race tracks, and was hoping I could bring them here. If not, no big deal, I could use the exercise haha

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I did read that Golf Carts are allowed, but didn't see pit bikes on the list.
How big are you talking? The thing with them is foot traffic. The place gets quite packed and really the only carts getting into show center, flight line and by the vendors are event support carts. We use carts as shuttles but we drop people off and they have to walk a little bit to get to the build tents or onto the flight line.

How big are you talking? The thing with them is foot traffic. The place gets quite packed and really the only carts getting into show center, flight line and by the vendors are event support carts. We use carts as shuttles but we drop people off and they have to walk a little bit to get to the build tents or onto the flight line.
To give you an idea of size, here is a kid sitting on my exact same type of bike:
maxresdefault.jpg

They can putt around at under 5mph in first no problem. I am used to dealing with large amounts of foot traffic at tracks and have never had an issue. They are like a mini dirt bike.. or a large mini bike haha. Like I said if they aren't allowed I won't bring them, gives me more room to bring foam :)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
The real problem I see with them is if it rains... it will likely tear up the grounds more than the golf carts. The MUD in Malvern is nothing short of crazy. It's almost like it has a built-in adhesive that sticks to everything. It will absorb any moisture and not get sloppy, but sticky.

I would say bring it for good weather but if it gets wet out there, be mindful of the grounds. It is privately owned land and Mr Fury is quite the gentleman who deserves our respect for letting us have our "little" party.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I remember a mini bike cruising around last year and I was asked to let them know to not be riding it on Mr. Furys air strip by a senior volunteer as I was heading back to my tent in the area he had gone. I THINK I can remember something said about any motorized transportation being limited to golf carts on specific pathways due to damage already done by normal car / Rv traffic and the weather the first few days. I am not sure if that was a permanent thing or just a situational thing as that was my first Flite Fest.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm with Wilson man here. The mud is insane. 8 months later I was still finding mud on my truck from last years FF. The area we stay on is not complete grass. It is but its not "lawn" quality type grass. Mr. Furey asked we restrict vehicle traffic on his runway to golfcarts, because they have the softest foot print. The pit bike would probably be fine but your going to have one heck of a time getting everything you need from your camp site to the runway.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Just going from past years, there is usually plenty of transportation in terms of flitefest rented golf carts operated by volunteers (and sometimes on air personalities). Last year, they even bought a school bus to shuttle people from hard top parking lots to avoid their own vehicles getting mired. Shower trailers are also plentiful and well stocked.

Last edited:

Timmy P

If it was a stock 50cc maybe, but Malvern is damn quiet. The Event is also, mostly with just the sound of small generators humming. So a beefed up pit racer may be a bit loud. Also theres only been a single year at FFe that wasnt a swamp. Best way to get around is bare foot. Bring swimming trunks to dry quickly between rains. lol.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I wouldn't bother packing them. There's a lot to see while walking that you'll miss when you zoom by on a bike ;-). The problem is that it might get out of hand if people start bringing those. And there's not a lot of space to drive anyway with the amount of people.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I've been chatting with David Windestål over some other shared hobby interests (ok, Pokemon Go and Ingress) and was asking whether we was planning on attending FliteFest Ohio this year. Sadly, he said that the large expense was not possible with all that's going on now, so I asked if we could help with a collection to convince him to drop in. He reluctantly said yes! Reluctant because he doesn't like the idea of getting help, but I personally think it would just help continue to make FliteFest so special to have him return.

So, I've checked with him, and he was ok with a campaign to help defray the costs of him flying over from Sweden. I've setup a gofundme on his behalf and will manage getting the funds to him for travel expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/rcexplorer...88271762-819639bf87714afe&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Hope any fans of FliteFest and RCExplorer will want to see him walking the flight line, with plenty of sunscreen on! BTW, if you're a Pokemon Go player, expect a few Level 5 Raids in Malvern! :D

Last edited:

Flite Risk

with less than 30 days to go I feel the need to interject and possibly derail conversation.

I have not received an update or notification much less then any of the merch that pertains to the founders donation 4 Edgewater.

I think it would be an efficient use of time for there to be set up at Flite Fest East a tent where people can queue and ask questions pertaining to their contributions.

I can imagine the on-air personalities as they roam around throughout the event being bombarded with questions buy founders pertaining to Edgewater and their donations.

Just my two cents. Another question if it's a penny for my thoughts and I put my two cents in, somebody's making a penny. Who?

Spelling and grammatical errors provided by Samsung voice to text

DharanFlyer

with less than 30 days to go I feel the need to interject and possibly derail conversation.

I have not received an update or notification much less then any of the merch that pertains to the founders donation 4 Edgewater.

I think it would be an efficient use of time for there to be set up at Flite Fest East a tent where people can queue and ask questions pertaining to their contributions.

I can imagine the on-air personalities as they roam around throughout the event being bombarded with questions buy founders pertaining to Edgewater and their donations.

Just my two cents. Another question if it's a penny for my thoughts and I put my two cents in, somebody's making a penny. Who?

Spelling and grammatical errors provided by Samsung voice to text

Are you on the Facebook group? They seem to all be landing now as I've seen a lot of posts over the last few days on people receiving them.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Code:
/ o\      /o o\
|  <      |   |
\__/      |,,,|
I haven't figured out how you guys get all them colors and stuff on yours.

Rc probuilderFPV

Im building a 6 ft wing span Wing for combat. Im using 3-4s lipo, FT Sea Duck motors & ESC's. I got it all built to a point, but would like some extra guidance to the build, so I will wait when I arrive Tuesday FFE18 week.

Attachments

• 35238283_226102707979032_1508454108481191936_n.jpg
    35238283_226102707979032_1508454108481191936_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0