Flite Fest europe?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
So, Flite Fest europe was already mentioned a few times, either jokes or serious ones. Now that the collaboration with Graupner has started I would love to know more and im sure im not the only one.
I searched a bit to find more info but it seems there isn't any so im taking the risk of asking for some information.

Where would it be? I guess either Germany or France since the guys have visited there a few times (please pick France!)

Time? Not at the same time as the regular Flite Fest would be a good idea, the guys would be at both and it would be more Flite Fest for the peoples willing to come at both.

I can't think of any more right now and I have to go to my driving lesson soon so I will maybe add more later.

(please move this if it's in the wrong place)

Mr Brown Cat

Am I alone in thinking that this subject is getting very little attention, especially by flitetest and HobbyKing

kulens

No point in spending time and money on flite fest Europe until this is sorted.

I don't fully agree as if this proposal would be a bad thing. Of course, we (as RC flyers) need to watch this carefully, but somehow, a regulation is required as to many people do "stupid" things without proper knowledge and experience. If just one person does a crash with a big impacts (ex. crashing on a highway with lot of car-crashes and even dead as a result), we will all be victimized! So my opinion is instead of being against a new regulation, be involved and make proposals we as RC flyers can accept, be pro-active.

Flite Test is just a brilliant example of helping newcomers to the hobby. Use this for example as a reference on how we can promote our hobby so it'll be accepted with a positive mindset. Clubs and national representatives are important too and they can function as a stakeholder in the discussions. A Flite Fest in Europe would be a very nice way to show and make good promotion to the European and national policymakers for the RC hobby.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I somehow have the number of a line length of max. 100 m for kites in my head. But if I fly an RC aircraft I need to stay below half that height?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Foamies don't often fly that high unless they are flow FPV but I know some guys with big jet birds and 50m is their cruising altitude and they spend most of their time above that.

Anyway, the regulations discution is years old and I see a lot of talking but not that many actions.