Flite Fest Ohio 2018 TRIP PICTURE THREAD

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Some great pics guys - thanks! Great to see some of the planes we have been following make a showing at "Da Fest". Any word on the WWII challenge?

DamoRC

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
There is not nearly enough pic's being posted.

I have been glued to the FT YouTube channel watching all of the live streams, but between the technical issues and the bland shots it almost makes it worse.

C'mon Andres. Stop messing around with the foamboard and make a teleporter speed build kit.

Live stream!!! OMG!

Thanks for the tip Namactual. :)

Edit: All I see is Friday. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

techbear

Here are my shots of FliteFest. Since my wife couldn't make it, most of the pics are selfies. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5364.JPG
    IMG_5364.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5365.JPG
    IMG_5365.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5366.JPG
    IMG_5366.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5368.JPG
    IMG_5368.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5370.JPG
    IMG_5370.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5374.JPG
    IMG_5374.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5375.JPG
    IMG_5375.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5376.JPG
    IMG_5376.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5377.JPG
    IMG_5377.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1

Coersum

Thank you all for the picture sharing, this thread has been an awesome sharing of experiences.

As for my family and myself, we had a blast, everybody was friendly and we met a lot of amazing ppl, young and old.
My daughters even met an awesome little girl and her dad flying the same plane as we built (see below) and just kept watching and cheering for her.

Thanks to Christopher, an awesome guy and dad there having fun with his family, I got a picture of my oldest daughter flying (notice my fingers are not on the gimbals). Thanks a lot, what a great memory!! Also thank you for all the info on the X4 and all the fun.
FullSizeR.jpg

Stefan is amazing and a beast never stopping at the mic!!
20180715_115415.jpg

Got most of the team to sign the girls FT Tiny Trainer
20180715_100215.jpg

This giant 400% Bloody Baron (I think) was built not far from us throughout the week and flown during the last combat. It almost crashed seconds into the flight but a big save let it maiden a bit further to its final resting/burning place. Others like the BOB and Stan XL were built right next and was amazing to watch.
20180715_120319.jpg
20180715_120343.jpg
20180715_120411.jpg
20180715_115942(1).jpg
20180715_120608.jpg

Finally, never stopping, Alex on the tractor starting the cleanup. Would have loved to help but we had to start making our way out of funland for our split 2 days drive back home.
20180715_122640-1.jpg

Thank you all for an amazing 40th birthday week!!

Attachments

• 20180715_083529.jpg
    20180715_083529.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180715_100215.jpg
    20180715_100215.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180715_115408.jpg
    20180715_115408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180715_120343.jpg
    20180715_120343.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hot air balloon??? Cool! Did you guys see a Zebra running around on the field for the launch?

Sorry, one of the few things I learned about hot air balloons from the Albuquerque Balloon Festival my wife and I went to a few years back - the guys who give the official ok to launch are known as zebras and look like a bunch of referees with their black & white striped shirts. One of the "Zebras" at the festival we went to had a huge Zebra hat that he was wearing, and it was just a fun thing to see. :)

Pictures do not do justice of how hot it was over the weekend! We got there friday around 5pm, was able to teach my 6 year old how to fly with our UMX Timber and a buddy box and made some great memories! We had the whole family with us and due to the heat we weren't able to spend as much time on the flight line as I would have liked, but we will for sure be back next year! Thanks for making our first Flite Fest a great one :)

Attachments

• 20180714_162457.jpg
    20180714_162457.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180714_181425.jpg
    20180714_181425.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Wow! Nice photos. Thanks for sharing Luis and Litterbug.
Carter sure made out on this trip.
F-16 fly-by... nice touch.
Dave W with a bit of a pseudo Amish with the beard, hat, and bicopter? How well did that fly? I hope someone got that on video.
The time lapse shots look really sharp.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Pictures do not do justice of how hot it was over the weekend! We got there friday around 5pm, was able to teach my 6 year old how to fly with our UMX Timber and a buddy box and made some great memories! We had the whole family with us and due to the heat we weren't able to spend as much time on the flight line as I would have liked, but we will for sure be back next year! Thanks for making our first Flite Fest a great one :)
Last year was my first and I hated missing this year. I'm glad you had such a great family time. That UMX TImber is a fun little flyer too. I just got one to pacify me from not being able to go. DId you get the floats yet? I have 'em but haven't flown off the water yet. I need some more touch n go's first.

Last year was my first and I hated missing this year. I'm glad you had such a great family time. That UMX TImber is a fun little flyer too. I just got one to pacify me from not being able to go. DId you get the floats yet? I have 'em but haven't flown off the water yet. I need some more touch n go's first.
It was great and I can't wait to fly at Edgewater next year!

I have not, but I think when I order the replacement fuse and wing I will order the floats too. You know it's kinda false advertising that the box says take off and land almost anywhere. It should say take off and land anywhere except grass haha. I think the floats may make it able to take off and land on our sun scorched grass here in michigan. I will admit, I am not looking forward to swapping all the electronics, but I hope I can get it all correct. I am debating just ordering another Timber and keeping this one as a beater for practicing sketching things with.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

We bought my dad one of those UMX Timbers right after AMA Expo West in January. That thing flies like a DREAM, super easy to put up in the air. I've tried to get my dad to fly it, but he's got this block of, "Well, I'm not signed off on my 'pilot's license' from the club yet, so I can't really fly yet."

"Dad, I can pass the radio to you and you can fly it. It's REALLY easy."

Either way, that plane is super fun to fly!!!

And thank you, everyone, who has posted pics and mollified those of us who couldn't cross several states to attend. :)

Coersum

Wow! Amazing photos guys, thank you for sharing. I hope this thread encourages more people to make it next year, we will be doing our best make it.
The weather was hot (specially if you had a long walk in the field after a combat lol). Our solution for it was going out for lunch to get a bit of A/C cooling time (had young ones with us) while getting more flying time in the cooler mornings.