• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flite Fest Ohio 2019 combat group project, members wanted!

Are you in and what power pack can you use? (choose two)

• Think I'll pass.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small, non flite test motor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
View attachment 130631 View attachment 130634 I have recently finished the electronics ready first version of my plane for combat. It shouldn't weigh that much more than a typical sparrow, and after the results of the vote I assume that the motor will be power pack F. After the maiden I will install something to keep the wing from rocking from side to side while on the top of the wing. See you there! What are your opinions?
I love the paint scheme, it looks awesome! Right now I have all of my materials gathered and my electronics in order. The build shouldn't take took long, I would say about a week considering how simple the plans are. I'm holding off on it just a bit because I want to see if they will release the thick foam-board. Overall though I can't wait to see it!

I was finally able to get this plane flying, It needs some thrust angle mixing and more aileron throw to be able to fly over half throttle, but otherwise it is fit for combat. Big thanks to the more experienced pilot at the field who took me through troubleshooting, showed me a reliable launching technique, and flew for me.
. Also, should we find an area of Flite Fest to meet up at before the combat (this way nobody will spend too much time looking around and everyone can make sure that the planes fit). Perhaps somewhere on the left side of the map a close to the build tent or whatever is best for anyone here. https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...aa/1530561989903/ff18_map_OUTLINED-01+(1).png. I don't have a very a scale that is accurate to really more than a pound, so should I come up with an estimate of the weight or will it not matter? See you at Flite Fest, and good luck with building!

I was finally able to get this plane flying, It needs some thrust angle mixing and more aileron throw to be able to fly over half throttle, but otherwise it is fit for combat. Big thanks to the more experienced pilot at the field who took me through troubleshooting, showed me a reliable launching technique, and flew for me.
. Also, should we find an area of Flite Fest to meet up at before the combat (this way nobody will spend too much time looking around and everyone can make sure that the planes fit). Perhaps somewhere on the left side of the map a close to the build tent or whatever is best for anyone here. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5845acd8e6f2e1f15e5c3c55/t/5b3a85c5575d1fe4d577fcaa/1530561989903/ff18_map_OUTLINED-01+(1).png. I don't have a very a scale that is accurate to really more than a pound, so should I come up with an estimate of the weight or will it not matter? See you at Flite Fest, and good luck with building!
sounds good, I will be gone for a week but after that I have three weeks to get this plane airworthy!