Flite Fest Ohio 2019 Volunteers

Innaviation

Hey Andre,
I volunteered last year at the flight line and had a great experience. I was wondering what are the qualifications for a super volunteer are and what perks there is in being a super volunteer.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hey Andre,
I volunteered last year at the flight line and had a great experience. I was wondering what are the qualifications for a super volunteer are and what perks there is in being a super volunteer.

Well, glad you asked... ;) Have a look at the link.
Being part of the Flite Crew involves a lot of commitment to the event.
Have a read over and if you are interested you can submit your application.
https://www.flitefest.com/flitecrew

Andre.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey Andre.

Lettin ya know I wont be able to go this year. So go ahead and pass my duties on. If Spoon volunteers again this year he would be great for build tent flight crew if he is interested.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hey Andre.

Lettin ya know I wont be able to go this year. So go ahead and pass my duties on. If Spoon volunteers again this year he would be great for build tent flight crew if he is interested.

Thank you for the update. Sorry you can't make it.

Andre.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Man oh man...I wish I could be out there to do this. Unfortunately, Ohio's 3/4 of the continent away from me.

If there's ever a Flite Fest West again, I'll DEFINITELY volunteer for that (and will try to dress all in green to identify myself! LOL)

Verris

Just signed up. It'll be my first FliteTest, figure I can contribute back to something that has provided so much entertainment for the last couple years. Wonder if we can get some kind of carpool setup going. I'll be driving from central NJ and will have a free spot.

Mangler

Hi All.

This will be my first Flite Fest. I am going with the only expectation of being there and helping out as much as I can. I just discovered Flite Test this past winter and it has restored my joy.

I can't wait to get there.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hi All.

This will be my first Flite Fest. I am going with the only expectation of being there and helping out as much as I can. I just discovered Flite Test this past winter and it has restored my joy.

I can't wait to get there.

Awesome! Welcome to the fun! :D

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hello Volunteers!

Hard to believe we are getting closer and closer to being at Furey Field in just a few weeks!

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 7.43.00 AM.png

Traditionally I'm down flying at Furey Field this time of year and admit I missing that experience but am pleased to point out that in a recent Furey Family photo the grass looked great!

IMG_1614.jpg

The volunteer numbers are going on schedule in comparison to previous years and I'm very happy to announce the Flite Crew members with new additions have been selected. If you or your friends would like to help out, meet people and get a know all our fantastic Volunteers and Flite Crew members... here is the link to the volunteer registrations (got that correct this time) https://goo.gl/iLsZd3

As we move into June and early July I will start providing more frequent updates and filling the schedule. If you have any questions please let feel free to contact me.

Have a great weekend.

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2019 Volunteer Coordinator
https://www.flitefest.com/volunteers

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Flite Fest Ohio 2019 - Volunteer Update 3

22 days! WHO IS EXCITED?

So many things to do so little time to do them in ;)

Good morning to all you awesome Flite Fest Ohio 2019 Volunteers.
As of today we have just under 100 volunteers (which includes the Flite Crew members).
Good numbers but lower than what we had at this time last year.

I'm often asked where we can use the most help? Our biggest draw is between parking crew and the flight line.
Those are positons where you are the most active but have the most impact on our guests.

Share that link with your friends if they are interested in being part of the team. https://goo.gl/iLsZd3

I will start reviewing your positions picks/notes so I can begin the scheduling process. Till then stay tuned for more information.

Andre

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2019 Volunteer Coordinator
https://www.flitefest.com/volunteers

IMG_2277.jpg

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
What does volunteering at the flight line entail?
Really what you do is greet people at the flight line and guide them (or try) to a pilot station. You kindly enforce safe flying behaviors like calling out intentions for other pilots and ensuring they have a spotter. You get to see sooooo many of the creations that people dream up and witness their successes and failures. You witness all of the emotions associated with the entire point of this event. Of course there are opportunities to see combats up close and personal.

Corbarrad

I would volunteer for the flight line as well, but the times I did I found out I'm not much of an authority figure...
Also the heat had my at my limit a few times last year, so I volunteered for shade positions this year.