Flite Fest Ohio 2022

Mr.Grinch

Lee, THANK YOU!!! putting this out early is a huge help for me. I have to schedule my vacation days at the end of February for the year. I always try to take days when I think FF is probably going to happen. Having this information is great!

Test Fly RC

Elite member
Was that your first? I think I met and spoke with you for a few minutes in one of the build tents. It was nice meeting you.
Yes, it was my first Flite Fest to go to!

It was nice meeting you at Flite Fest!
Yeah, you came to the same build tent where I was and we talked a little!

Thanks again for drawing FT build plans.

Incader

I agree, June is so much of a better time for school.
Also where could the October 15th Crazy build day be located?

Kobur

I got tickets for my son (high school age) and me. In getting them it required AMA membership for him, but not for me. I have a few questions related to that.
1. Why did he have to have that?
2. Why didn't I need that--or do I? I am an FTCA member but I stopped being an AMA member a few years ago because I was very unhappy with their lobbying efforts on UAS regulation. I was not planning on re-joining.

Not looking for controversy and don't want to get into discussion of pros & cons of AMA membership, just want to know what I have to do to be eligible to fly at Flite Fest when I get there.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... what I have to do to be eligible to fly at Flite Fest...
Last year the AMA membership was not required. The FTCA provided liability insurance.

In prior years AMA was required at FF, for the liability insurance.

I’d like to see FTCA offer liability insurance as part of membership. They mentioned offering liability insurance to the membership at one time. I’ve not heard anything about it for a long time. Perhaps @Lee Kachner can prove us an update on the liability insurance and the requirements for FF22

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I got tickets for my son (high school age) and me. In getting them it required AMA membership for him, but not for me. I have a few questions related to that.
1. Why did he have to have that?
2. Why didn't I need that--or do I? I am an FTCA member but I stopped being an AMA member a few years ago because I was very unhappy with their lobbying efforts on UAS regulation. I was not planning on re-joining.

Not looking for controversy and don't want to get into discussion of pros & cons of AMA membership, just want to know what I have to do to be eligible to fly at Flite Fest when I get there.
Sounds like you already had an FTCA account and he didn’t so he was to use AMA

DbleDuce

Can someone give me some information on camping? This will be my first FliteFest and should be arriving early on Wednesday. My son will be arriving the next day. We are tent camping...

Got some questions...

Does arriving early give you a spot closer to the strip?
Can we have 2 vehicles in one campsite?

Appreciate the help.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Can someone give me some information on camping? This will be my first FliteFest and should be arriving early on Wednesday. My son will be arriving the next day. We are tent camping...

Got some questions...

Does arriving early give you a spot closer to the strip?
Can we have 2 vehicles in one campsite?

Appreciate the help.
coming early might give you a spot closer to the airstrip. depending on the size of your tent you should be able to fit 2 but you can always buy another camping pass for more space.

DbleDuce

coming early might give you a spot closer to the airstrip. depending on the size of your tent you should be able to fit 2 but you can always buy another camping pass for more space.
How big are the campsites.. I guess I should have asked that first...

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
How big are the campsites.. I guess I should have asked that first...
1649691793889.png