Flite Fest Ohio 2022

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Can someone give me some information on camping? This will be my first FliteFest and should be arriving early on Wednesday. My son will be arriving the next day. We are tent camping...

Got some questions...

Does arriving early give you a spot closer to the strip?
Can we have 2 vehicles in one campsite?

Appreciate the help.

some relevant info - no potable water available on site... basically bring everything you need (there are shower houses)

TGKconnectors

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the event this year. I got promoted at my job and my store's inventory is June 24 this year. This is very upsetting for me as we love coming to this huge event every year. I hope we will be able to make 2023's event!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Can someone give me some information on camping? This will be my first FliteFest and should be arriving early on Wednesday. My son will be arriving the next day. We are tent camping...

Got some questions...

Does arriving early give you a spot closer to the strip?
Can we have 2 vehicles in one campsite?

Appreciate the help.
2 vehicles on-site should not be a problem. I'm able to comfortable fit my SUV, trailer, 8-man tent, and EZ-up all in the space allotted. I will note that coming early should ONLY be done with the volunteer coordinator and you will be coming to WORK, and not fly. One of the perks of coming early to help is to get a "better" (depends on how you define that) spot but just being at the event should be your goal, not seeking preferential treatment. All that said, I'll defer to the @FTCA Director on this. I know many folks are in the stages of finalizing their plans and some clarity on this could go a long way.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the event this year. I got promoted at my job and my store's inventory is June 24 this year. This is very upsetting for me as we love coming to this huge event every year. I hope we will be able to make 2023's event!
I know MANY folks will be missing you and the products and services you provide. Such a mainstay of the event and you cannot be replaced. Looking forward to see you again in the future.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Three guesses as to what this will be. The first two don't count.

20220517_135959.jpg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Going to this years event...any wisdom... regarding camping ? Is it better to get two sites?? etc?

it is primitive camping, so, no water/etc. on site [there are the porta-potys and shower houses... but that is basically it].

There are a few food vendors, but I wouldn't suggest relying on those as a sole food source (well... at least my stomach wouldn't be happy with me trying this).

number of sites - really comes down to what your bringing with. First year, it was me, my 5 kids, and grandma in a camper on a camper site and site space wasn't a problem. last year, me and just my oldest 'just fit' on a tent site with a shelter, 2 small tents, and my minivan. This year, we might have 2 people coming with us, and I would most likely be doing a 2 camp site thing, just to have a bit more room.