Flite Fest South 2017 Volunteers

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
https://goo.gl/srhG5J

Here we go folks.

Flite Fest South.

The Triple Crown!

Did you know I've only been to Florida twice.

21875732_10155085893368111_1026122659_o.jpg

Last edited:

bitogre

I am excited but also embarrassed to admit I did not think about FliteTest needing help tearing down. :black_eyed: I guess it is a brain fart on my part. :cool: Can we get details on when setup and tear down is happening so I can see if I can adjust my schedule to help with both?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Wow. I already have a trip planned to be at Disney with the family November 3-5. Will see if I can squeeze an extra day on the front end and bring everyone over to FFS for an afternoon....

fdnyjery

Hey Andre Count me in for the entire flite fest south. I believe you have my info as I have vol. the last 2 yrs. up in Ohio
Jerry Okeefe Longwood Florida

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Flite Fest South 2017 Volunteer Update 01

When I was asked about being the volunteer coordinator I never expected it would come with so many opportunities to work with the community.

Once again here we are laying the ground work for the future.
The excitement and possibilities are endless.

Like FF West we are building something completely new.
While collectively we have a vast amount of experience from previous Flite Fest events I encourage everyone to think outside of the box and if you have any ideas bring them forward.

With the clock ticking I want to start laying down the foundations for several key roles.

I will be looking for my usual suspects.

Flight Line Chiefs.
First Aiders.
And someone who is willing to be my second in command.

All of these roles are hugely important and help build a successful event.

If you are able to assist with setup/tear down please send me an email so I can add your name to the list.

Looking forward to this event.
Never been to Florida in November.

Thanks.

Andre.

bitogre

Never been to Florida in November.

Sounds like you have been in Florida at another time of the year so you should already know what to expect as there is not much of a difference from being in Florida any other time of the year. ;) Be ready for it being hot and humid and be ready for rain, possibly in the same day (though it is rare for rain to last more than a few hours). The big difference in Florida between summer and winter is cooler nights (maybe as low as 65F, 18C for those use to metric system :cool:).

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Spread the word

Volunteers, you will want to lean on your fellow pilots.

Right now with 2 weeks to go we are rather shy on numbers.

Remember the more people we have the better we can manage the event.

https://goo.gl/srhG5J

Thanks.

Andre.

mybad

Family Tent Concerns

At FFE, we volunteered at the Family Tent. Problem was that some irresponsible parents treated it as a daycare and dumped their kids off unattended. Some were too young to be left alone and had no idea where their campsite was, leaving us responsible.

Wish we had some notices posted.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Family Tent Concerns

At FFE, we volunteered at the Family Tent. Problem was that some irresponsible parents treated it as a daycare and dumped their kids off unattended. Some were too young to be left alone and had no idea where their campsite was, leaving us responsible.

Wish we had some notices posted.

We wont be have anyone at the family tent for this event.
But for East next year yes, I agree.

Andre.