Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I heard there was some Flite Fest shirts spotted in Pensacola at the NAS today...

Griff sighting.jpg

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I need to learn THAT maneuver. Walking from the safe launch area back to the pilot box. I was terrified at the idea of walking backwards.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Did anyone get any video of that plane tying the low altitude record right behind me as I walked towards the flight line with my 3D on Saturday? It was super close and would've been some good footage. There were some guys around with a 360 camera but I didn't get to ask them where I should look for their footage.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
well, yeah that was 1 week ago...or close enough, so I was going to wear the same thing one week after Flite Fest...I guess

I've got you beat. Apparently Chad pointed out that at least twice that I met up with him, I wore the same shirt. And it wasn't a Flite Test shirt.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hey Online,
Howdy. I see you've been with the forum for several months but I don't see anything about you. How about a little about yourself? How did you get interested in the hobby and how long have you been in it? Where in the world do you fly? Do you have any favorite models or current builds?
—Jim

i noob

speaking of Flite fest South when will the recap video be out? i wasnt able to go and i want to see what happened

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Sad to see that no planned FF Florida in 2018. I was really looking forward to it. Seemed like it was an ideal location and great showing.

Liam B

Sad to see that no planned FF Florida in 2018. I was really looking forward to it. Seemed like it was an ideal location and great showing.

Are you attending East? Looks like I’ll be going since West is uncertain.

jaredstrees

Yeah, Ohio's hard. Is there definitely not going to be one or just not announced yet? Maybe at a different locale in the south?

bitogre

It was a great location and a great show. I just do not know if they got the turn out they needed. Also, at FliteFest South (Florida), I had time to talk to Josh and it is his plan to have the non-Ohio FliteFest move around so more people will have a chance to attend at least one FliteFest without driving long distances at some point. I suspect that there will be another FliteFest Florida at Lake Wales but that may not happen for a couple years.

Yeah, Ohio's hard. Is there definitely not going to be one or just not announced yet? Maybe at a different locale in the south?

jaredstrees, I am 4 to 5 hours (just over 300 miles) south of you and I have yet to miss a FliteFest in Ohio. Yes, it is hard (about 24 hours of driving taking me about 2 full days each way) but I have made it a priority and am happy to do it every year. I'd be happy to have you and/or French ride up with me and sleep in my RV at the event.

I am pretty sure there will not be a 3rd FliteFest this year. It is very hard for them to do remote FliteFests. This year, the "south" FliteFest is Texas.