Flite Fest Veterans Airshow

Are you going to participate?

• I might buy a plane at the auction.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think this is a completely terrible idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
So how did it go?

DamoRC
Well, Ben Harber (Mid7night) flew his Blue Angels A-4 that I built which was the biggest money maker at $210. There were also a few prop in slot F-18s that went for $130 a piece. Overall the flight was a success and the auction was a hoot to watch. Stefan might have a future at Barrett Jackson.

kilroy07

Legendary member
here were also a few prop in slot F-18s that went for $130 a piece.
Awesome!

I totally missed it... I must have been working (volunteering.)
My Mustang nosed in Early Saturday, but thanks to Eddie I actually flew her (I was ready to give up/thought I had done something wrong with the build.)
IMG_7156[1].JPG
No one let me know about the auction either... :confused:

kilroy07

Legendary member
Miss America looks great! (y)
Thanks, good to know all the work we put into the kits paid off.
I was REALLY sad when I thought she wouldn't ever fly... (now to work on warbird skins!)

Great job on the graphics for the Rhino BTW (y)
(when I was putting the kits together, it really made me think to shuffle my build list a bit!)

Namactual

Elite member
You did all the work brother, all I did was some painting.

If it was not for you, those kits would not have happened.

Next year for sure. Next year I will be there to do my part.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Sorry about not posting on here or any threads for a while, the week of FF and the week after was insane this year. Overall we raised $680 with the auction and a ton of donations! I just wanted to say a special thanks to @Namactual and @kilroy07 without you guys I could have never pulled this off. Thank you to all who bought planes and those who made them. This was a really awesome event and I can’t wait to have it again next year. (Hopefully I’ll be able to make it)

Also sorry @kilroy07 we we’re announcing the airshow and the auction over the PA. I tried to call you as well. I was looking for you so that I could give you the credit you deserve for helping with the event.

P.S. I had like 20+ people ask me where I got the skinned F-18 from while I was building it. You could easily make a fortune selling small pre-skinned kits.

Namactual

Elite member
I just hope I can make it next year so I can contribute with something other than digital work. Besides, I need to show you people how to actually fly these things. If you are not 10 inches off the ground you are doing it wrong. :p

@kilroy07 crushed it though with those laser cut kits.(y) I hope the small little gift I gave him eased the burden a little bit. :cool:
I still owe him the 12 pack though.

Last edited:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I wish I could have flown them right but they came out a little too heavy and I couldn’t put more than a bi blade on the red bottom since I was already pushing it with a 3s on a 12amp esc. My friends actually overheated in flight trying to catch me, I added a cooling intake on the bottom of my fuse so mine wouldn’t do that lol.

Namactual

Elite member
Whoa, a skinned Rhino running a Red bottom with a two bladed prop on 3s? o_OI am surprised you guys could fly at all. :p

Seriously though, hopefully I can do more next year.

Namactual

Elite member
Honestly, I had no idea if or how they were flown. I was just giving you guys some :poop:.
:p

But yeah, they will fly on very little power as long as you keep it easy on the sticks and fly patterns. Did you guys cut out the submerged inlets on the bottom of the nose for ventilation?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Honestly, I had no idea if or how they were flown. I was just giving you guys some :poop:.
:p

But yeah, they will fly on very little power as long as you keep it easy on the sticks and fly patterns. Did you guys cut out the submerged inlets on the bottom of the nose for ventilation?
I cut my own FT style air duct on the underside of the nose and relied on the prop right behind it to suck the air over the esc. Apparently it worked well.

I might try and coordinate it with someone at Texas. Any volunteers? I might ask Stefan for at event help. We could get people involved through the forums.