Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
GOOD MORNING VOLUNTEERS!

1484317416589.jpg
- Yep that guy again...

Setting up the information FliteFest West 2017
Along with that all important Flite Fest West 2017 Volunteer Registration

Still in the early days of planning but we learned a lot from last summers experience.

I'm looking forward to FT's first major away from home event.
Sure there will be challenges but also super excited to meet a lot of people who can't attend the Ohio event.

If you have any questions/suggestions now is your opportunity to help shape the event in April.

Stay tuned to this first post as I will do updates. As of this morning we have 8 brave souls.

People I'm going to be looking for.

I would like 3-4 Flight Line Safety Chiefs. You will help direct the flight line and educate the volunteers who report for flight line duty. This is something new I want to try for 2017. I'm not expecting you to be on the line 24/7 but would like a devoted team to help take our events to the next level. Again we are learning and adapting.

3-4 Medical Team Leads. If you are a trained medic fantastic. My goal is to have enough advanced first responders that we can spell them off but have someone "on call" all the time. We learned with the active build tents last summer we need to watch the kits for resupply and accidents can happen at all hours.

---

So here we go.

Liam B

Hey Andre, I live about 2 1/2 hours away from there. I'm in 8th grade so I have to take Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off of school anyway and prefer not to miss Monday and Tuesday. Is there a way I can volunteer but still have my own experience and not miss school?

Thanks for doing this again this year! FF16 Was a blast!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hey Andre, I live about 2 1/2 hours away from there. I'm in 8th grade so I have to take Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off of school anyway and prefer not to miss Monday and Tuesday. Is there a way I can volunteer but still have my own experience and not miss school?

Thanks for doing this again this year! FF16 Was a blast!

Of course! You're there to experience FF but if you have the time to help out it is appreciated.

We will need some help setting up and tearing down but the bulk of the requirement will be during the event.

Hope that answers your question.

Andre.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Im about 90 miles away and plan on being there as soon as you will let me :) One question i had is about the volunteer camping area. I purchased a camp spot and than was reading that there is a designated spot at east for volunteers. If i am in the volunteer camping area can my friends still stay with me in my camp spot?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
20 volunteers. I'll be sending out the first hello email this week to welcome and acknowledge the early registration.

Sounds so silly but I got excited when I figured out how to program a counting function so I can tally up all the T-shirts automatically.

Yep.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Count me in! I'll be driving up from So.Cal. I can't access the registration doc at work, so I'll add my info later, but you can put me down.

Ben Harber

P.S. I will also be camping, so I too would like clarification on Volunteer campsites.

kacknor

Build another!
20 volunteers.

Sounds so silly but I got excited when I figured out how to program a counting function so I can tally up all the T-shirts automatically.

Yep.

It's the little things that are so satisfying. :p

I may have signed up for the wrong Fest. I'll be happy to help out in Malvern this year, but can't make it to California.

JD

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
It's the little things that are so satisfying. :p

I may have signed up for the wrong Fest. I'll be happy to help out in Malvern this year, but can't make it to California.

JD

No worry JD. I'll remove you from the list.

We will do the sign up for the Ohio event later.

Thanks.

Andre.

xtrmtrk

I'm really looking forward to providing a helping hand in Vallejo. Way back at the first FF in Ohio I was bugging Josh that there should be a West Coast event. I'm so happy it's finally happening - the least I can do is help out as much as possible. I hope this is a smashing success. Flights back to Ohio every year were getting pricey!

xtrmtrk

I want to verify that we need to register for the event even if we're volunteering - right? I was going to do the early registration but thought I should check first.

savy

My husband and I would love to volunteer! We'd like to be at the same station, if possible. We'll be available everyday except Sunday. This will be our first year volunteering/attending the event and we're so excited!

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
My husband and I would love to volunteer! We'd like to be at the same station, if possible. We'll be available everyday except Sunday. This will be our first year volunteering/attending the event and we're so excited!

Super.

Please register https://goo.gl/sO3oNt and I'll ensure you two are grouped together.

Thanks.

Andre.

xtrmtrk

Oh, I hope the Crazy Swede is going to be there!!! I miss him from the podcasts. And I've got a tricopter build of his that could use some TLC....

Also, I fly into SFO at 3pm on Wednesday. If help is needed with setup on Wednesday evening, I could potentially help.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
40 volunteers as of this morning.

We are slowly growing.
Still too soon to design a schedule.

Stay tuned :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
FFW 2017 Volunteer Update 02

Good Friday Morning Flite Fest West Volunteers.

Welcome to February.
I can tell you after a couple super cold days this past week the thought of all that nice West coast weather...

If you listen to the recent FT podcast
Austin mentions we already have over 100 pilots with 40 plus volunteers.
That is an impressive ratio and I thank you for your commitment and dedication.
Your efforts as a volunteer will help us make the entire event that much better.

I've been flagging your entries if you indicated you can assist before and after the event.
As more details become available I'll be sure to pass them on to you.

If you have any questions as always please feel free to contact me or post to the forum.
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?32083-Flite-Fest-West-2017-Volunteers

Have a great weekend.

Andre Rousseau - andre@flitetest.com
Flite Fest 2017 Volunteer Coornidator
http://flitefest.com/