Flite Fest West 2018 - It's That Time of Year Again!

Liam B

I believe it was about this time that Nated0g posted the thread regarding Flite Fest West 2017. This year, I figured I'd beat him to it:p

I hope that the same date will be utilized, but I talked to Josh B last year, and he said that a location change was in order - I agree 100%.

So I guess this thread can kind of be used for updates and developments?

Anyway, I'm already getting preped. I got two FT kits on the bench and a new box of foam :)

P.S. It's great to be back guys! Missed all the forum activity! RC kinda went dark these past few months and mini quads became my primary focus. The plane bug is back tho!

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Yesss precious.... we haves him backs yes we do! Nasty quads precious, steals our friends precious!

Lol watched the hobbit to many times! Good to have you back ELEV8.

I have dreams of flying to the US for a year and going to like 4 flitefests and coming home again...

Liam B

Yesss precious.... we haves him backs yes we do! Nasty quads precious, steals our friends precious!

I have dreams of flying to the US for a year and going to like 4 flitefests and coming home again...

Ha. It would be great to meet you in person.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Ok...I'm itching. I'm trying to schedule the time off, and I'm PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING that it is NOT the weekend of April 20th - 22nd; I'd prefer it to be the weekend of the 27th-29th, or even May 4th-6th, so that I can get the time off from work and come out.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
i added a couple word searches on eventbrite i check to see any new events. Hopefully we get some news soon! Last year they made a mistake on the flitefest.com site which was how i found it last year. They had the pages unlisted on the website but live for google to find :)

DMC RC

DMC RC
So great to see the conversation start up again. I also hope the dates stay the same or similar, as they worked well last year. A new location would also be cool, but hopefully a little farther north? I live in Seattle so the drive is brutal anyway, and last year we did a family road trip down. So exited to see everyone in person again!

Last edited:

DMC RC

DMC RC

Would love to meet you man, they should do a FF Australia! :rolleyes:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Aww, man...I saw this topic pop up in my "new posts" and I instantly thought, "YES!!! Dates have been announced!"

Oh well. Can you tell I'm excited?

Liam B

Aww, man...I saw this topic pop up in my "new posts" and I instantly thought, "YES!!! Dates have been announced!"

Oh well. Can you tell I'm excited?

I’m excited too. I couldn’t wait to post a thread haha. So far no news on the site:(

DMC RC

DMC RC
DMC, whereabouts in Seattle? Do you fly with a club? If so, which one?

Im In northeast Seattle and do not currently fly at a club field, i just fly at parks near my house, View Ridge and Magnuson are two examples, however during the winter, fall and early spring I fly at the Magnuson location of Barn Owls NW, which is an indoor club. Here is the link to the website, http://barnowlsnw.org/. The next flying session is 1/17/2018. I fly my Twisted Hobbys 32" extra slick and a HBZ Sport Cub S.

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
Im In northeast Seattle and do not currently fly at a club field, i just fly at parks near my house, View Ridge and Magnuson are two examples, however during the winter, fall and early spring I fly at the Magnuson location of Barn Owls NW, which is an indoor club. Here is the link to the website, http://barnowlsnw.org/. The next flying session is 1/17/2018. I fly my Twisted Hobbys 32" extra slick and a HBZ Sport Cub S.

I've heard of them. I just don't really have any indoor stuff so I've never bothered. If you ever want to fly at a private club, let me know. nhk750 and I are members of the Lake Sawyer Hawks in Hobart. Decent field and a great location with nobody around.

DMC RC

DMC RC
I've heard of them. I just don't really have any indoor stuff so I've never bothered. If you ever want to fly at a private club, let me know. nhk750 and I are members of the Lake Sawyer Hawks in Hobart. Decent field and a great location with nobody around.

Neat, I had no idea that your club existed, looks like a cool location. Im about an hour away but am to young to drive yet. :(Getting there will be the issue for me, maybe this spring when the weather is a little more predictable I'll see about coming down. :rolleyes:

Liam B

Alex and Austin mentioned on Podcast Number 182 that they will be announcing dates and locations soon.