flite fest

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I would have thought that Ohio was pretty Midwest, but I guess since it's east of the Mississippi, it's not really Midwest, is it?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I just want one were i dont have to drive half a day to go to.

I'd love to have one where I don't have to fly to the event...flying commercial air with lithium batteries is a huge fight; you're limited to two in carry on. So...One for my radio transmitter, one for my TinyWhoop, or one 3S, or one 4S for my drone?

The other option is to ship them there, and then ship them back via freight, because they can't go by air...Ugh. Flite Fest West, where are you??? LOL

kdobson83

Here's an idea for all you people that fly to the FF FT has. FT or maybe some sponsor for the event should host a battery loaner program. Have a slew of the popular batteries available close to the flight line. Sign out the battery/batteries you want to use, then use them, and then check them back in. Obviously there would need to be restrictions like amounts loaned out at a time and what not but it would allow people that fly to the event the ability to fly their stuff.
Just an idea.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'd love to have one where I don't have to fly to the event...flying commercial air with lithium batteries is a huge fight; you're limited to two in carry on. So...One for my radio transmitter, one for my TinyWhoop, or one 3S, or one 4S for my drone?

The other option is to ship them there, and then ship them back via freight, because they can't go by air...Ugh. Flite Fest West, where are you??? LOL

You might want to do a little more research. Many people are flying with what ever batteries fit in their back packs as carry on.

Several of the rotor riot crew have done video how to properly go thru tsa and fly legally and safely with multiple lipos.

IcedStorm777

Colorado!! Centrally located (for the US) beautifal weather, plenty of flying fields, and there is sooooo much aviation here. Also some of the prettiest mountains in the world.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

There is no limit of 2 batteries. I carry a bag chock full of batteries. Check the rule.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I thought about movin there. Then realized Bills Law would dictate the squirrels eating my props and using my foamboard to make squirrel hotels.