Flite Test - Baby Blender v.2 - BUILD

jpot1

Elite member
I’m no expert but my baby blender has more than enough thrust on a c pack equivalent motor which on a 9x6 prop puts out about a 1000g of thrust. The specs on that rs2205s in 4s are slightly more than 1000g and the motor weight is less than the c pack. I think it’s worth a shot.

TooJung2Die

Master member
Does anyone have the Baby Blender V2 full size plans? I've been trying for days to download from post #1 but the link appears to be broken: "503 - Service Unavailable".
Edit: I found another source. Everything is in the SPONZ -Plans Index. Thanks again, Dan.
SPONZ - Plans Index

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've had one of these speed kits sitting in the shop for a couple years, so this week I started putting her together.

20190626_232830-1024x576.jpg

Not sure what I think about the paint job yet - could be she wins the "ugly duckling" award at the club's biplane contest this summer! :D

TooJung2Die

Master member
Not sure what I think about the paint job yet - could be she wins the "ugly duckling" award at the club's biplane contest this summer! :D
It's a great paint job for the Blender! It's noticeable. Bold is best. That's a paint job that'll get a second glance. I'm reminded of a bad hangover I had for some reason. :p No, really, I like it.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It's a great paint job for the Blender! It's noticeable. Bold is best. That's a paint job that'll get a second glance. I'm reminded of a bad hangover I had for some reason. :p No, really, I like it.

Thanks - a bad hangover indeed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here she is all put together - a couple black strips on the bottom to make orientation very simple.

20190628_171808-1024x576.jpg
20190628_171758-1024x576.jpg

I'm a little concerned that she's a heft 18oz without battery - the plans say 14oz is the target weight. I might need to take the wheels off and put a little protective foam bump over the servo to help slim her down. But they say it can handle up to a 3s2200 and I'll be flying with a 3s1300 so that's some weight savings. Fingers crossed - hopefully a maiden this weekend if I can get to the field! :D