Flite Test - Baby Blender v.2 - BUILD

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

The FT Baby Blender (Version 2) is an updated version of our original foam board scratch build! We took input from you (our viewers) and redesigned this scratch build/ speed build kit with added strength, better flight characteristics and a much easier build experience!
You can buy the speed build kit [HERE]

bbv2 - 32.jpg

FREE Build Plans:
FT-BabyBlender-Swappable-v2-PLANS [FULL SIZE]
FT-BabyBlender-Swappable-v2-PLANS [TILED]

bbv2 - 1.jpg

bbv2 - 33.jpg

Click HERE to see the POWER POD BUILD VIDEO

bbv2 - 2.jpg bbv2 - 3.jpg bbv2 - 5.jpg bbv2 - 4.jpg bbv2 - 9.jpg bbv2 - 6.jpg bbv2 - 22.jpg bbv2 - 7.jpg bbv2 - 8.jpg bbv2 - 10.jpg bbv2 - 11.jpg bbv2 - 12.jpg bbv2 - 13.jpg bbv2 - 14.jpg bbv2 - 15.jpg bbv2 - 16.jpg bbv2 - 20.jpg bbv2 - 17.jpg bbv2 - 18.jpg bbv2 - 19.jpg bbv2 - 21.jpg bbv2 - 23.jpg bbv2 - 24.jpg bbv2 - 26.jpg bbv2 - 34.jpg bbv2 - 25.jpg bbv2 - 27.jpg bbv2 - 28.jpg bbv2 - 36.jpg bbv2 - 35.jpg bbv2 - 37.jpg bbv2 - 39.jpg bbv2 - 31.jpg bbv2 - 29.jpg bbv2 - 30.jpg bbv2 - 38.jpg

Orcoz

Another great video, and I really like the updated plans. I just finished my first Baby Blender (you guys couldn't have gotten this out a week ago?) lol... but haven't maidened yet. I'll be swapping out the landing gear and adding the bbq skewers to my struts before the first flight!

How much longer until the FT Cruiser is here??? /drool

Oz

pajonate

Great update

Here is mine (version 1.5) since I have made my own update to set up the wing servo on top instead of on the bottom. This way I can fly it without landing gear, cause the grass at my field is never short enough for this type of landing gear.

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0715.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
I literally printed out the plans for the BB v1 half an hour before I saw that this video had been posted. Long story short, I just ordered the kit.

Anyone have any suggestions on a motor option running off a 3S 1800 pack? I use that pack for two other planes so I'd like to standardize on it.

Interesting. Speed build kit looks interesting but pricing a little inflated, unless that's a shipped cost. More profit but bad optics.

The vinyl stickers are nice, but again a bit inflated. Additionally the store wording is inconsistent, is it a sunburst or a starburst, the descriptions say one thing and the labels in the pictures say another. Since you have Stars and Circles on the Scallops version and the one pic labeled Sunburst but would have to go into the shopping cart as Starburst, you're asking for confusion and people being unhappy because they didn't receive what they thought they ordered.

May order a kit. Just doesn't seem as pure as even the previous generation of simpler kits (3 for 33). Maybe it's just me. I don't begrudge anyone a buck for their time, maybe FT is going all growed up and will now basically be a vendor in their own right. Which would be both awesome and a little disappointing.

Orcoz

Interesting. Speed build kit looks interesting but pricing a little inflated, unless that's a shipped cost. More profit but bad optics.

I think the price point is spot on. There are several more cuts/components to this kit vs the 3 pack. Add in the addition of a much more "engineered" plane/kit and the Price point is absolutely reasonable.

What makes this series unique for me, is that FliteTest gives you all of the necessary plans to just go out and buy $3 worth of dollar tree foamboard, a couple of fresh razor blades, and you can make your own kit.... FliteTest doesn't make a dime of profit, but just garner the goodwill & karma from the hobby community.

For me, I am a complete noobie at building from scratch, but I've fallen in love with it because these videos are there to 'hold my hand'. I don't "need" the precut kit, but would consider it just to support these guys and to keep them on the air!

Value for value, I think you've got to consider everything beyond the foam bits.

Oz

Skipp2Maloo

power pod question

I am new to electrics, Can anyone tell me,
Do I need to tilt my motor Down and to the right on my Power Pod
for the Baby Blender and the Bloody Wonder
?

Bolvon72

Mentor

If you look at it from another view, you had 3 for $33 which equated to 3 sheets of pre-cut foam. This is also 3 sheets of pre-cut foam plus some poster board. It seems fair to me. They are trying to keep this show up to the standard we expect and I, for one, am willing to kick in some money for it.

Look back at the speed kit video, JB said it himself, they want to give us something for funding the show, if you don't want to fund it, print the design and build for free. As for me, my tricopter build decimated my monthly RC budget, but come the 1st, A blender kit and some decals will be hitting my cart. I love the blender I already built but it's for the show.

Anyone have any comments on the following power package for this plane? Too much power? Too little? Other than the batteries (which I already own and I'm attempting to standardize on) I'm willing to change any of these. I'm looking at sport performance - I don't care about 3D or pattern flying.

Not trying to go full curmudgeon about it, just the tone is slightly different from the wide-eyed enthusiastic innocence I always associate with FT. There's a slight premium involved for the amount of stuff added, but hey lasers don't pay for themselves.

And proving that I'm no curmudgeon I have a question: Do I have to re-register to use the store? I threw some blenders in the cart but then it looked like my normal login didn't work, so is it a separate username/id registration?

Do I have to re-register to use the store? I threw some blenders in the cart but then it looked like my normal login didn't work, so is it a separate username/id registration?

It seems to me that the main FT page (including the store?) has a different login system from the forum. However, you don't have to log in at all to use the store - you can simply check out as a guest.

WombatControl

Certified DT foam addict
Anyone have any comments on the following power package for this plane? Too much power? Too little? Other than the batteries (which I already own and I'm attempting to standardize on) I'm willing to change any of these. I'm looking at sport performance - I don't care about 3D or pattern flying.

That setup should work just fine - it's what I'm planning to use! You may want to consider a slightly larger prop for more thrust though - that motor/ESC combination should be able to handle a 9- 10-inch prop just fine.

sidneylopsides

I've just started a BB v1, so far all I've done it cut the top wing out. Can I build the rest as a V2 and keep the V1 top wing ok? I don't want to waste a sheet of foamboard, and the improvements on the V2 make it look much better overall.

That setup should work just fine - it's what I'm planning to use! You may want to consider a slightly larger prop for more thrust though - that motor/ESC combination should be able to handle a 9- 10-inch prop just fine.

Yeah - after finding that I'd mistakenly bought reverse pitch props, I went to the hobby shop and picked up some 9x3.8 APC props - per ecalc.ch that should just top out the power draw and should give 32oz of thrust.