Flite Test Business Cards

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
These are great to have in the flight box - I find myself giving one out to interested folks every couple flying sessions.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
So...Next month, on Father's Day Weekend, there will be a Mini Maker Faire in my town. Our club is going to do the event; I bought a bunch of the STEM chuck gliders to build and hand out to the kids.

Last year, when we did it, it was a huge success, and the kids absolutely loved it. The parents were jazzed, and the question constantly came up of, "Where did you get these? Can I buy more? Are there plans for other planes?" and so on. I kept telling them, "FliteTest.com, they have plans for a bunch of different planes, etc."

This year, I got smart. I've got sheets of labels that I'm going to print up that will have our RC club's web address and logo, as well as FliteTest.com on it, and each plane will have one stuck on a wing or the fuselage. Instant, memorable "business card" for both FliteTest AND the RC club; the STEM gliders are a definite "gateway drug" to the hobby. LOL

But, maybe that's a suggestion - put a Flite Test etching on the STEM chuck gliders so the kids go home with the info on where to go to learn to make bigger planes? If they can put the A and B and C fold info on some of the parts, I would think they could do the same with a wing tip or fuselage, and have the FT logo and website address?

Hoomi

Master member
Another thought would be, if Flite Test would produce a template for popular word processing software such as MS Word and Wordperfect, to print business cards at home. Blank business card stock is available at office supply stores, many department stores, Amazon, etc., designed to be used with our home printers. We could print a sheet, separate them, and toss them in our flight bags, to hand out as needed. A pack of 12 sheets (120 cards worth) of Avery 28877 business card blanks lists for under $7 on Amazon.

Granted, it's cheaper to order business cards from Vistaprint, but that's usually in quantities of 250 or more.