FLITE TEST CROWD FUND IS LIVE!!

RMDC

Yeah, a location like this offers lots of opportunities for diversified income over and above the flitetest.com storefront. Honestly, the fact that FT has stuck around - let alone grown! - in the time since it started is a testament to the business acumen and foresight of everyone involved.

The true issue I see with this is that the FT community is spread out. Plenty of folks won't have the opportunity to visit and take advantage of the site. FT as a mail-driven business now can be supported by the global community, but Edgewater will have to take dollars at the door to stay afloat. An eight and a half hour drive lies between me and Minerva, OH, counting pit stops. And unlike a lot of destination locations, this one is less likely to see distant visitors arriving via the local airport, since the whole point of the place is to either bring your own planes to fly or build and fly planes on site that will go home with you, and those foamies really want to be hauled by car.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not necessarily mate. A lot of people say they bring their electronics, build at FF and ditch the foam when they leave as a good portion enjoy the combats where it is the perfect reason to bring a plane to a spectacular end and return it to whence it came. something wanted for home use could easily be sent by UPS or other methods direct from the field or store and would not require any personal transportation.

As for paying for the property and such if they go large enough with solar they could cut enough in bills there and potentially sell electricity to the grid in off times to help offset costs. It will surly be a juggling act and to be honest I know I would not mind donating a bit each year to a fund me to help cover running costs if needed. there is a ton of brain power working on this and as time goes by the hidden things will pop out and will need to be adapted to.

Heck simple things like lawn mowing could be done by RC and GPS like a giant roomba to maintain fields and not suck up time and pay checks at some point. The pond for water based RC could be made so that it gets drained every so often and the water reused for grass fields maintenance. A little thought over the many things a property like this would need to keep safe and pristine in the early stages could save tons of time and money down the road. Probably why they are asking for everyones ideas now is my guess.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well Goal is met. it was either Balu or myself that put it over the 200k mark hehe. Been waiting all afternoon to do that so he has to have been up late at night to do the same hehe

Flite Risk

I have been checking back almost every hour. So happy! But I have a few more bucks to contribute. Doing so in the name of a friend I made at FF'17.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Well Goal is met. it was either Balu or myself that put it over the 200k mark hehe. Been waiting all afternoon to do that so he has to have been up late at night to do the same hehe

I couldn't stand the refreshing of the page anymore ;-).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe same here. I was annoying friends in a skype chat updating the totals each time I refreshed. That last 5k went surprisingly fast. Pretty sure you took it over I refreshed and saw the last two digits had changed and clicked over to the page I had filled the payment info in and sent it. Wasn't til after that I saw how much you posted with me right behind that I figured you had for sure put it over the top. Good job as we all win in the end.

Now onward to the full million!!!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I told my daughters that I will have an engraved stone in a happy place. No need for any other haha :rolleyes:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Truly happy to see the rest of the community is behind this project! Looking forward to seeing the continued progression of Flite Test and the development of the air park!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
While we're excitedly counting up, for those who have some questions about the business plan and what the future holds, might I recommend hearing some of it unpacked . . .

Josh was able to make it on last night to the ftcc podcast as a bit of an early victory lap and while some of the plans and surprises are still in the box, he shared quite a bit more of what is to come while casting a bit of his vision.

Exciting stuff :D

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
And 110% this morning (east coast time)

I love how this keeps growing at a steady pace!

Right on my friend! It has slowed down just a little bit today, but hoping that picks up a bit tonight to level it all out compared to the other days! Def looking forward to where we can go from here... those stretch goals and right up ahead!! LETS GO! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan

bitogre

Right on my friend! It has slowed down just a little bit today, but hoping that picks up a bit tonight to level it all out compared to the other days! Def looking forward to where we can go from here... those stretch goals and right up ahead!! LETS GO! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan

I think the slow down is because a quick look at the Indiegogo page would make people think "Goal Reached so my support is not needed." I think there needs to be an update explaining why the stretch goals are important in order to get the momentum going again.

RCdiy

RCdiy
Stefan
How about a video podcast on YouTube with Josh Jen Austin to explain the stretch goals and why giving is still important. Similar to what they did on the community podcast but for the enormous FT channel audience.

Relic

Can I ask a question about the perks on the campaign?

If I choose the Founder’s Edition Airplane Kit, does it just include the airframe, or does it include any electronics?

Thanks!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Can I ask a question about the perks on the campaign?

If I choose the Founder’s Edition Airplane Kit, does it just include the airframe, or does it include any electronics?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I'd guess it's just the airframe kit, perhaps with the control rod and wheel hardware like their other kits.

Remember, the point of this campaign is to raise money for work on the flying sites and building projects. If they give away $80 worth of product and shipping for a $100 contribution, that wouldn't be very good as a fund raiser would it?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
From what Josh says it will have extras like the bomb release and the glider mount and several other perks but no mention of electronics.

Relic

From what Josh says it will have extras like the bomb release and the glider mount and several other perks but no mention of electronics.
Thanks for the info guys! Sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm actually a 10-year veteran of R/C but active elsewhere… yes I agree the point is to raise money, and I don't mind the prices at all.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test.

I think you will find this to be more welcoming and non dramatized as other forums. Here we try to help everyone and I don't think you will ever see someone ever say "Just google it" More and more the forums are expanding into various sub categories so its growing and should soon encompass all things RC.