Flite Test Design Engagement Challenge

Ok so who’s all gonna be part of the challenge, head count!

• Total voters

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Since the master series projects have taken much of Flite Test’s time and there isn’t much focus on fun, boxy, and easy to build planes I was hoping Flite Test would pull through and engage the forum community. My idea is as follows:
Have everyone design their own plane that will be judged in a few different categories. -Performance in a submitted video,
-Professionalism/Looks (can still be boxy and beautiful)
-Ease of build/simplicity of parts to scratch build/cut
Ideally there would be a few categories of builds, Warbirds, Jets, GA, Vintage Aircraft, Aerobatic aircraft, and general just miscellaneous flyers that don’t represent anything. Ideally I think it would be great for the community to have a competitive design/build off every so often and have the winner(s) work with @SP0NZ in making their design a flite test official build. However I think the recognition of being put in an FT video would also be a great winner reward. I have more ideas here but lets work it out below 🤘

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Since the master series projects have taken much of Flite Test’s time and there isn’t much focus on fun, boxy, and easy to build planes I was hoping Flite Test would pull through and engage the forum community. My idea is as follows:
Have everyone design their own plane that will be judged in a few different categories. -Performance in a submitted video,
Ideally there would be a few categories of builds, Warbirds, Jets, GA, Vintage Aircraft, Aerobatic aircraft, and general just miscellaneous flyers that don’t represent anything. Ideally I think it would be great for the community to have a competitive design/build off every so often and have the winner(s) work with @SP0NZ in making their design a flite test official build. However I think the recognition of being put in an FT video would also be a great winner reward. I have more ideas here but lets work it out below 🤘
Love it! If this does come to fruition, I'm sure @The Hangar has a certain plane design that would work nicely...

Vimana89

Legendary member
Interesting Idea. Just did a Clancy Bee style pusher and I can do a lot with a basic boxy build. I'm down to submit something in the near future.

jpot1

Elite member
I’m in. Working on this at the moment.
FC24EAD4-E118-4775-B875-6AB9C8B1F880.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I love the idea! I've got a couple ideas of designs that I've been wanting to do, and so this challenge would be a great opportunity to work on some new simple designs! I should be able to get started on one or two this week! @flitetest @fliteadmin @Josh Bixler @joker24458