Flite Test Design Engagement Challenge

Ok so who’s all gonna be part of the challenge, head count!

• Total voters

Vimana89

Legendary member
My submission to the "Miscellaneous" category. Noob toob fuselage KFM1 tandem. 4ch elevons and rudder. Can't get much easier to build or fly. Will edit from desk top to add flight footage and any other information pertaining to the challenge.

Here's the maiden flight

I might add another video or compilation, but the maiden already sums everything up quite nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Timmy

Legendary member
My submission to the "Miscellaneous" category. Noob toob fuselage KFM1 tandem. 4ch elevons and rudder. Can't get much easier to build or fly. Will edit from desk top to add flight footage and any other information pertaining to the challenge.

Here's the maiden flight

I might add another video or compilation, but the maiden already sums everything up quite nicely.
Nice! What battery?

Vimana89

Legendary member
Small battery. What flight times you gettin?
I haven't ran out the whole battery yet, but I'd assume 6-7 minutes, maybe 8. I'll have to test to be sure. I am also going to test with a slightly more aggressive prop with a 2s 850 or 1000 and see if I can get some better efficiency.

bwarz

Master member
The P36 took to the air last night. Very touchy, loves to hard climb with throttle. Cut the throttle and it glided beautifully. Got a bit far away trying to trim and lost orientation - nose-dived in a spiral from 100' :eek: to not much more than a broken prop and a wrinkled cowl! I do have it on video - I'll get it edited and up hopefully this evening. So now the learning part! I think my dihedral is a bit shallow from the original. I also think my undercamber at the wing tips is a touch small. Is my thinking correct so far as touchy handling / stability? (I also noticed that my build could have been cleaner - the hstab and wings are not perfect 'parallel' - gotta check measurements on the sides on the plan) Then onto the insane desire for it to climb hard. It's not cg - cutting the throttle and gliding in was quite impressive. I tried to get the thrust line right as original, but with foam thicknesses and such it might be off a little.

Going to go over the plans tonight to see. Maybe shim the motor and play with thrust angle? (I've got a bit of right angle now) I've got to recall and watch the video again - it might have wanted to turn left on hard throttle as well. So, to wrap this up - back to the drawing board!:LOL::unsure::poop:

bwarz

Master member
I think I'm going to check my angle of incidence of main wing too. Most FT designs look to be 0 degrees but I've read to put 1 degree... Don't remember off the top of my head how much, but I know it's not flat