Flite Test Design Engagement Challenge

Ok so who’s all gonna be part of the challenge, head count!

• Total voters

The Fopster

Master member
Wow from pictures I didn't imagine it would look so sharp. That's a really handsome airplane. Really good lines. Now I wanna make one. (y) You win!
Ha! For the avoidance of doubt, the black and cream is the full size! Obviously mine will be indistinguishable once finished... 😀😉

Ha! For the avoidance of doubt, the black and cream is the full size! Obviously mine will be indistinguishable once finished... 😀😉
Oh sure, the black & cream is one of the first pics Google shows. I'm glad you didn't call it "the real one"! :LOL: But seeing your model - wow it's like a fighter but stretched, fast, narrow & graceful with that long reach. (y)(y)

I'm still here but posting on a dedicated thread...
IMG_1145.JPG

Yusernaym

Coming in late to this challenge with the Stiletto - a push-pull delta that takes very little time to build, and should be brutally fast once I get it sorted out. It's a completely original design, with minimal prep work, so we're just building, testing, learning, revising and repeating until it's good enough to release. Pictured is V0.2, far from final, which ended up tail heavy enough to be uncontrollable. V0.3 is coming soon, with just an extended nose, enough to get the cg where it should be.
20200918_150009_HDR.jpg

Coming in late to this challenge with the Stiletto - a push-pull delta that takes very little time to build, and should be brutally fast once I get it sorted out. It's a completely original design, with minimal prep work, so we're just building, testing, learning, revising and repeating until it's good enough to release. Pictured is V0.2, far from final, which ended up tail heavy enough to be uncontrollable. V0.3 is coming soon, with just an extended nose, enough to get the cg where it should be. View attachment 179588
Love it, and it does look like a brutally fast plane.

It's a push-me-pull-you!! :LOL:

Push-pull-pic-510x218.png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Coming in late to this challenge with the Stiletto - a push-pull delta that takes very little time to build, and should be brutally fast once I get it sorted out. It's a completely original design, with minimal prep work, so we're just building, testing, learning, revising and repeating until it's good enough to release. Pictured is V0.2, far from final, which ended up tail heavy enough to be uncontrollable. V0.3 is coming soon, with just an extended nose, enough to get the cg where it should be. View attachment 179588
Nice! AND, a hint of FT Night Radian, too! (y)

The Fopster

Master member
An update on the Miles Hawk Speed Six. It flies! First attemp at the maiden was brief - hugely over-controlling it. Managed to get it back down with a cartwheel landing that knocked the empennage off. Came home and glued it back on and dialled the rates WAYYYY back. Second time was much better. Flew for about four minutes, and managed a controlled landing. Thrust angle needs work (needs more right and more down) but it's something to build on. Phew! Too dark for video, but post maiden photo at home at least. Adjustments and finishing to do...
IMG_20200928_191328139~2.jpg

An update on the Miles Hawk Speed Six. It flies! First attemp at the maiden was brief - hugely over-controlling it. Managed to get it back down with a cartwheel landing that knocked the empennage off. Came home and glued it back on and dialled the rates WAYYYY back. Second time was much better. Flew for about four minutes, and managed a controlled landing. Thrust angle needs work (needs more right and more down) but it's something to build on. Phew! Too dark for video, but post maiden photo at home at least. Adjustments and finishing to do...
View attachment 180080
"knocked its empennage off "?? No profanity please. Family-friendly.