Flite Test Flite Fest - early roll call

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Thats the plan. I'm borrowing a fellow club member's 12x12 canopy, another friend's camping gear, and bringing the bigger (wife's) station wagon. I plan on heading out Thursday sometime. Depends when I get it all packed in. With the 4 planes I plan on bringing it will be a tight fit. I may have to get creative. Keep in mind I am bringing two larger-than-FT planes-- the 72" L-4 and the TF AT-6 Texan. They come apart but the tails eat up a lot of real estate. With my SE5a now wrapping up and having to make the decision to not make the wings come off it will be an interesting pack to get the Funder and Lightning AND the gear in there.

I've seen guys suspend strings across the area being secured in the windows. That may have to be how I pack the Funder. I do have rails on my roof but no rack or container to strap onto it. I may have to reach out to buddies to see what I can do to get the gear out of the car to make room for planes.

Last edited:
Camping fees paid, AMA cards ordered up, ezup canopy purchased, travel trailer borrowed. Still have to make sure my fleet is airworth before the event.... I have a tendency to start building more planes every time anything needs repair or adjustment.... Acute RC ADD.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
I'll be there! Going to be heading out from VA. This will be the first RC trip with the trailer, so I'm hoping to bring a lot of toys. I'll be camping as well... bringing the ezup canopy and a TINY tent.

Really looking forward to this event!

If everything is still in working condition I'm planning on having a few of my big pusher jets out (54" SU-27, 63" F-16, 43" F-22, and maybe a converted 90mm EDF F-18). I need to patch up a few other aircraft for the event.

Last edited:

flyranger

I'll be there Fri and Sat. My first rc event! Bringing a couple of scratchbuilds inspired by FT and Experimental Airlines.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
For those who are in need of a tent... and have an Aldi store nearby, They have a tent this week (at least at mine) that is a great buy. 4-man tent for $35. Hard to beat it. I also picked up an air mattress from there for $15. Getting excited!

Team_Monkey

A word of experience though, if you're going to get a $35 tent invest in a couple cans of Camp Dry spray. Set your tent up on a sunny day and give it a couple coats of the water repellent spray. leave plenty of drying time between coats per the directions.
Those less costly tents don't usually have rain fly's that provide much coverage.

Good on ya for sharing a deal though. :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Does anyone have the address for the field? Flitefest.com is down at the moment for whatever reason.

Hey Chr0n0,

from page 7:

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread. The response to Flite Fest has been overwhelming and the Kickstarter isn't even up yet! (Hoping for the next 48 Hours)

I have already copied and pasted a lot of questions from this thread to put together an official F.A.Q. in anticipation of the event being funded. So if you have a question, even if you know the answer but think it would be good to have in the FAQ, post it here and I will add it.

To answer the address question, here is the response in the FAQ and all addresses have been updated to reflect the answer:

The actual physical address for Flite Fest 2014 is:
8050 Avalon Rd NW
Malvern, OH 44644

However, some GPS devices do not recognize this address properly.
So we are asking people to use the address of the location across the street:

Flite Fest 2014
803 Robertsville,
Malvern, Ohio 44644

Thanks guys! You're awesome!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Well the FPV course should certainly test the political waters so to speak! ;)

Thurmond

That and the relative durability of rip-stop nylon vs nylon, glass filled, carbon filled and full carbon props.

I think Dave's got a creative idea with these things, but I *really* hope they survive to Sunday evening . . .

knightshots

Hello all, My family and I plan on attending, but will be traveling 700 miles. As renting a RV is way to expensive does anyone have any suggestions for camping or hotels?

7AC

FAA Action re:FPV

Well the FPV course should certainly test the political waters so to speak! ;)

Thurmond

I don't know if this was a response to the FAA "Notice of Interpretation" or not, but it appears that as of the July 24th the use of video goggles can result in prosection by the Feds:(. Has anyone taken a look at this? We have 30 days to comment on this "interpretation". Will Flite Test help to rally FPV'ers to head off this impact to our hobby? Will Flite Fest allow their use?

captian kazuma

smile. you've got wings.
im going, got a grey hound ticket leave on the 21st get there th24 or 25th and my ff ticket and camping pass for the weekend. just need more lipos and a travel case. i be showing up in canton and will need a ride to the field and on monday i got to get to arkon to get on my return bus. this is the first trip ill ever take and its on my own. i am new to this hobby and its cause flite test, i first got started in may. when i first heard of flite fest i didn't think id be going but some how i got a bus ticket and every thing else i needed. in the pass few months i've build and crash two old fogeys a spitefire and a flyer. i can't wait to build and fly all day, i still a noob so im more amped about what i can learn and buy. looking forward to hanging out with the big dogs of this hobby. I'LL BE THE GUY IN ALL PURPLE AND A BOWLER HAT! can't wait to be there