Flite test Flying families

ALex26i

web.jpg IMG_6793color.jpg 12345563_10203953137787825_4255524789589237952_n.jpg 12347843_10203953137987830_6207401946170458128_n.jpg
I have two little boys and they love planes. What kid doesn't? Anyway flite test has built some really great planes. I have done scratch build because I am very fast at this type of stuff. I said OK now time to decorate your planes. So the dinosaurs came out. My older boy has started to fly the West Michigan Park Fliers magnum reloaded. It is a great plane to teach kids to fly with. Saw it on Ft showing the younger boys flying.

Last edited:

DharanFlyer

That is awesome sir. My little guy is only 16 months so have a bit yet before I can get him to participate with me. Super excited though for when he can start learning. Even old enough to get enjoyment out of the little balsa gliders you can get and toss.

ALex26i

Each child is different. Some have more ability and interest than others. I have found the balsa gliders last about 3 minutes. But you also need to let them do most of the work. Otherwise they are just watching you and not have much value in what your doing. I also got overly excited and was trying to do more than they were able to do. I used a flight simulator and that really quickly will show what their interest is. Right now Paper airplanes and small Quad toys works the best.

queezy

Hi ALex26i. How's your son's experience been with the WMPF Magnum? I just received my 8yo son's in the mail and am excited to help him get it up.

His first plane was the FT Tiny Trainer below. It's a little fast for him, even with the recommended 2S power pack and half-throttle. I was also intrigued by the 5yo and his slow-flying Magnum in this FliteTest video.

Thanks for sharing.

FT_Tiny_Trainer.png

ALex26i

Hi ALex26i. How's your son's experience been with the WMPF Magnum? I just received my 8yo son's in the mail and am excited to help him get it up.

His first plane was the FT Tiny Trainer below. It's a little fast for him, even with the recommended 2S power pack and half-throttle. I was also intrigued by the 5yo and his slow-flying Magnum in this FliteTest video.

Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 75930

Turns out the company that sells them is very close to me. The WMPF is one of the best beginner planes you could ever buy. My 6 year old is flying like a pro. And you really almost can't hurt it. I love the look of it. Everyone gets a little shocked by it when they see it for the first time. Because they aren't sure if it really flies or just looks like a huge kid toy. I like the simple look. At the time it was kinda hard to get a hold of them. They were sold out. ALso you can load the model into Real Flight 5 software for them to practice. I also strongly suggest getting the rest of what WMPF sells with the plane including the "Foam Tac". It is a deal and really all of these things are the best choices you can get with this plane.