Flite Test golf course project

alan0043

I was wondering if there is any more information about the golf course project ? I believe I know what golf course is part of the project. The most important question is. Is the course open for build projects ?

Is there any info out there. If there is, please point me in the right direction.:cool:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would not imagine the deal has been finalized just yet with all the traveling and holiday stuff just wrapping up. I am sure there are a bunch of legal and financial things that need to be tied together and finalized as well and that all takes time. If the acquisition is successful I wouldn't expect to see any transition over to that until summer time at the earliest. BUT take that with a grain of salt as I am not privy to any of that information and am just guessing so you get an idea of what may be going on.

earthsciteach

This has been in the works for quite a while now, but I don't know the current status. It is a beautiful property! I very much hope it goes through for FT because it will be a fantastic place to visit! I don't recall the name of the golf course.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
This has been in the works for quite a while now, but I don't know the current status. It is a beautiful property! I very much hope it goes through for FT because it will be a fantastic place to visit! I don't recall the name of the golf course.

Was it Riverwoods in Akron?

alan0043

"PsyBorg
I would not imagine the deal has been finalized just yet with all the traveling and holiday stuff just wrapping up. I am sure there are a bunch of legal and financial things that need to be tied together and finalized as well and that all takes time. If the acquisition is successful I wouldn't expect to see any transition over to that until summer time at the earliest. BUT take that with a grain of salt as I am not privy to any of that information and am just guessing so you get an idea of what may be going on."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your reply. I will keep an eye on the forum to see what happens.

alan0043

I wonder how we will know when the golf course / RC group will be open ? I am hoping to learn how to fly. I would like to find a flying group in Canton, Ohio.

jaredstrees

You can go onto AMA's website to see if there are any clubs in your area. You'd have to join the AMA, but there is usually an instructor at the club.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I may or may not know the proposed name of the location, but I am not allowed to tell you yet - if I knew that is ;).

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Closed golf courses are fun to fly around. We have a 9 hole course closed, in the nearby town of Sumner, WA, that I fly at and it is really cool. With ponds, short trees, and open fields you can fpv your day away there. However, the
"stupid" dog walkers let their dogs off leash and I have been jumped on a few times when flying fpv. It really scares the crap out of you! When all you here is footsteps all around you...I try to do a flyby to check my body once in a while...

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

We will keep yall posted! Hoping we can get you all the info ASAP ;) . We are super excited and can't wait to get things movin!
We just need to make sure all our ducks are in a row, so it will be either today or tomorrow depending on all of that!

Blessings and LETS GOO!!! ha

Stefan

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
so i did the calculations on the family flite fest for life package to see how many flite fests you would have to go to to make it worth it. so assuming the most liberal estimate where you would have to go with 4 other people the most times before it payed off i did the math like so: 1800(cost of package) - 200(cost of the special plane and other stuff in the early bird that is sold out) / 5(people you have going to each event and assuming you are not camping) /60(cost per pilot ticket in the past for early bird special).

so thats: (1800-200)/5/60=5 1/3
5 1/3 times you would have to go with 5 people not camping to make it worth it. if you camped it would be less times but i dont remember the cost of camping so i cant calculate it. i think it was like 80 for the event for rv with the early bird. please correct me if i am wrong.

so basically THIS IS AN AMAZING DEAL!!!!

if i had the money i would totally jump on it!

hold on i might have this wrong. trying to find out pricing last year. will edit when i figure it out

edit: i have given up trying to find pricing. everyone seems to have a different answer. all i can say is if you use all the tickets and camping every time, you would only have to go about 3 times. if you are only going with 2 total people and camping then about 10 times.

Last edited:

alan0043

I was looking at the perks from supporting Flite Test Founders ball cap. I see you get founders wall engraving, founders group video updates, bronze founders coin and the founders ball cap. Is there any other special perks ? What is the advantage ? If I walked into the new Flite Test hobby store with my founders hat on what would I except ? I want to get into the sport. I have only flown once or twice.

Al

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You get exactly what is listed unless the reward tiers get amended for exceeding the goals. You also get to say I am part of something super special. You may also gain a bunch of new friends and form new relationships.

As for what you get when you walk in the store with the hat the same as walking in without one. A nice smile and hello and depending who is on duty a big ole bear hug.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
so i did the calculations on the family flite fest for life package to see how many flite fests you would have to go to to make it worth it. so assuming the most liberal estimate where you would have to go with 4 other people the most times before it payed off i did the math like so: 1800(cost of package) - 200(cost of the special plane and other stuff in the early bird that is sold out) / 5(people you have going to each event and assuming you are not camping) /60(cost per pilot ticket in the past for early bird special).

so thats: (1800-200)/5/60=5 1/3
5 1/3 times you would have to go with 5 people not camping to make it worth it. if you camped it would be less times but i dont remember the cost of camping so i cant calculate it. i think it was like 80 for the event for rv with the early bird. please correct me if i am wrong.

so basically THIS IS AN AMAZING DEAL!!!!

if i had the money i would totally jump on it!

hold on i might have this wrong. trying to find out pricing last year. will edit when i figure it out

edit: i have given up trying to find pricing. everyone seems to have a different answer. all i can say is if you use all the tickets and camping every time, you would only have to go about 3 times. if you are only going with 2 total people and camping then about 10 times.

I have been to a Flite Fest.. you only have to go once and you get way more then your moneys worth. Between all the entertainment, the atmosphere, the meeting of people you may or may not talk to here in the forums, the friendships that last far beyond the week end more then covers any cost.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I have been to a Flite Fest.. you only have to go once and you get way more then your moneys worth. Between all the entertainment, the atmosphere, the meeting of people you may or may not talk to here in the forums, the friendships that last far beyond the week end more then covers any cost.

thats deep..................