Flite Test hot glue odor

Paladin.oa

Hey all, I've got a question.

I have severe asthma and was wondering if the hot glue used to make foam board airplanes would bother it.

Thanks!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I haven't had any problems with it, nor has my mom; we both have pretty decent cases of asthma and cigarette smoke from 15 feet away sets us off. This stuff? Nope.

I don't know exactly how severe yours is, or how sensitive you are (I can't go by the perfume counters in the malls because I start having attacks), but I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

I agree with sprzout, I don’t think you will have any problems. Hot glue doesn’t cure like other glues, it cools. Heat it up again and it will let go, when it cools it will setup. You can heat and cool it many times.

Paladin.oa

I haven't had any problems with it, nor has my mom; we both have pretty decent cases of asthma and cigarette smoke from 15 feet away sets us off. This stuff? Nope.

I don't know exactly how severe yours is, or how sensitive you are (I can't go by the perfume counters in the malls because I start having attacks), but I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

Excellent, thanks! This is exactly the news I was hoping for. Also it sounds like your asthma is around as bad as mine.