Flite Test Leaks, No Bixlers allowed!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Oh nice. Gunsmithing can be lucrative. It can also be detrimental depending how you practice the art. Have you done anything of your own design yet? At least we know you are safe and healthy and still clawing at life like the rest of us. Happy New Year to you and your family mate.
Nope just finished the class in December. I'm looking into other classes as well to gain some experience

FishbonesAir

Here is a quick look at whats been going on at FT this week!

View attachment 207268
Inventory day(s) were this week. So if there were any delays to shipping or support this was why. We are getting caught up now though, thank you all for your patience!

View attachment 207269
Josh working on one of the lasers in the new manufacturing building at Edgewater Airpark.

View attachment 207270
Sneak peek of something in HQ, take your guesses!
It's a football drone for "the big game"

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
We are live on FB and you can see what requires this much power!

Attachments

• D2440BD8-F463-471A-9C9B-11D4BEB5CFC8.jpeg
    D2440BD8-F463-471A-9C9B-11D4BEB5CFC8.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • AF0D4AED-16E5-4385-A5DD-155AA842E649.jpeg
    AF0D4AED-16E5-4385-A5DD-155AA842E649.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Tench745

Master member
Not fully decided yet. I know there are some concerns with dark colors and the resin.
Yeah, foam painted in dark colors and left in the sun will get quite warm. When it does the foam can out-gas leaving bubbles in the finish. And epoxy gets softer when it gets hot. This is why most fiberglass aircraft are painted white.

From what I have read, specifically Keith Sparks' "Building with Foam", olive drab is about the darkest color you want to paint a foam plane and it will want to be kept out of the sun as much as possible. I guess it's fine when flying though, there is enough airflow to keep it cool.