Flite Test Leaks, No Bixlers allowed!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Uh OH!! Looks like Benchy is in trouble yall!! :eek:;)
I don't think I have seen this one before.... looks a bit like the EZ 2 channel designs (3 thick nose, 1 thick tail boom, however - maybe a bit on the big size and looks like it has tractor motors instead of pushers)

1632326660315.png

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys! We have not had the Legacy speedbuild kit available for awhile now and its because of the landing gear. We tried to get another run of the bent metal stock ones but due to issues with availability of the materials the price of the Legacy kit would be way higher. As an alternative we have been testing a modular 3D printed part. Our tests have been great so far but we are still experimenting to make sure it will be a good alternative. Our current idea is (after more testing) ship with this landing gear and have the replacement STLs available to download, along with plans to the original aluminum part to DIY. The metal and plastic parts are 100% cross compatible if you want to switch between them.

image1 (3).jpeg
image0 (4).jpeg

Byrdman

Hey guys! We have not had the Legacy speedbuild kit available for awhile now and its because of the landing gear. We tried to get another run of the bent metal stock ones but due to issues with availability of the materials the price of the Legacy kit would be way higher. As an alternative we have been testing a modular 3D printed part. Our tests have been great so far but we are still experimenting to make sure it will be a good alternative. Our current idea is (after more testing) ship with this landing gear and have the replacement STLs available to download, along with plans to the original aluminum part to DIY. The metal and plastic parts are 100% cross compatible if you want to switch between them.

Sounds good to me! I'm wanting to put mine on floats, but it would be nice to switch out. When do you think the SBK's will be available?

Piotrsko

Master member
Why not just get a sheetmetal shop to shear you some .040 6061 1/2 inch wide and then build a wood block form vice, poke a couple of 1/8 holes and waller, landing gear? Maybe add a plywood bearing block for the bottom of the fuse and have the user drill a hole or two.