Flite Test Leaks, No Bixlers allowed!

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
First official SBKs of the Tooter Tutor and Turbo wing.
IMG_3004.jpg

Piotrsko

Master member
naw...orbital optics have really advanced. LoL! :LOL:
Not really, but computer data enhancement has fixed a lot of the old issues. You can only have so big a lense and Anything one piece bigger than 18" is too fragile to lift into orbit. I don't know anybody using folded mirrors looking down.

Marzipan

Not really, but computer data enhancement has fixed a lot of the old issues. You can only have so big a lense and Anything one piece bigger than 18" is too fragile to lift into orbit. I don't know anybody using folded mirrors looking down.

that's true...I'm into binoculars, telescopes and microscopes and optics themselves haven't really gotten any better. the higher quality optics have gotten cheaper to manufacture, but the math for optical theory is pretty much figured out. that's good and bad but mostly good. it's how I got a research grade Zeiss that would have run well over $100K when it was originally bought for $2K. sure, it was 20+ years old, but it is just as good as what you can buy today. perhaps not as optimized, but wow...the things I saw in that thing!!!

Marzipan

Hi Guys,

Last night at Edgewater there must have been 6 Tutors at the field. I saw 4 in the air at the same time. There was also one Tutor during 3D flying with lights on it ! :cool: The weather was great last night. Temps in the upper 70's.

did they end it with a bash n crash demolition derby? :p

(y) How many are you buying?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I didn't realize the Texan was being released. Originally, I was gonna pick up the Tutor SBK and the matching Power Pack. But I already have an Explorer that's a high wing 3ch/4ch, so I might pick up the Texan SBK and Power Pack as my first low wing plane. I've tried scratch building but cutting out the plans was not easy. I might try again with the Tutor plans.