Flite Test Logo

a_hale

I was browsing the forums and it occurred to me that after years of following Flite Test that I have no idea what their logo is actually supposed to be. After thinking about it the logo seems pretty odd and maybe a little out of place for a company like flite test. So this begs the question, what is the FT logo supposed to be, and how does it necessarily relate to R/C aircraft? To me it looks like a kid flapping his arms like a bird. I'd love to hear some thoughts.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Here is the official "Gremlin" as printed on their foam box's.

IMG_20210910_203152_778.jpg

and here is my first attempt to airbrush something other then straight lines and gradients.

IMG_20210923_232028_862.jpg

Pixellogo

It occurred to me as I browsed the forums that I had no idea what Flite Test's logo was actually supposed to be. The logo seems odd for a company such as Flite Test, and maybe a little out of place. So how does the FT logo relate to R/C aircraft, and what is it supposed to represent? It looks like a kid flapping his arms like a bird. If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
To me it looks to be a representation for all aspects of flite. You have the tools in the back pocket representing building and maintenance. You have the wings on the arms representing early flite attempts by copying birds. You also can go with gliders with the same wings. You have the bomber jacket and the helmet / oxygen mask representing full scale aviation possible setting apart the propped and jet aspects. Then you have the FPV camera and the related antennas and a single prop sticking up maybe for Vtol or even including multi rotor craft.

To me it covers pretty much anything I can think of. Even the target on the ground can symbolize a few things from ground station placement, navigation, target practice, competition for material drops or stols.

So much there it can be confusing to maybe put one specific thing as a whole it represents.