Flite Test member map

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Just added my home... all the way to page 5!! There are a lot of people on here!!

Todd Optional

Yeah I've trying to add my location to the map without luck.. I can add it and save it but when I refresh it it's gone.. Any idea's?

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Yeah I've trying to add my location to the map without luck.. I can add it and save it but when I refresh it it's gone.. Any idea's?

That's because you're on the first page... go to the bottom of the members list, and it will say the typical "Google" and the page numbers on the bottom. You'll be on the last page along with me!!

daniel_t

I see that Nightfox7's pin is near me in Florida, but the text on the pin says "Kickin it in northeast GA!" so I'm not so sure how accurate it is. :-/

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I see that Nightfox7's pin is near me in Florida, but the text on the pin says "Kickin it in northeast GA!" so I'm not so sure how accurate it is. :-/

Yeah... some times people accidentally move the pins and don't hit the "UNDO" button. It's hard to expect people to keep going back to the map to double check their pin hasn't moved.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
A nice feature for these maps would be the ability of only the creator of the individual pins to edit them. With all the other "improvements" Google has made that people didn't want or need, you'd think they could have used some of that effort on usable features...

eagle4

rorak, it seems wrench797 is not too far away from you. he seems to be flying in manistee. look him up. (its on the first page of pins on the flitetest member map)

augernaught

Augernaught
Is there any way to get ALL of the pins to show up at once,
instead of having to scroll through all of the pages?

And is there any way to delete a pin? I tried to add baronbernie but screwed up
and added him twice because when he didn't show up
I thought the pin didn't stick..... sorry :confused:

EDITED to add:

Oddly enough, when I open this link in AOL,

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...041372649195.0004e7d9393f716d5c0bf&dg=feature

it DOES show All of the pins at once, but you still have to scroll
through all of the "pages" of the place mark descriptions, of course.
When I open the same link in IE or Chrome,
it only shows the pins that are on the "page" of descriptions
that you can actually read.

Is this just me, or are others getting this too?
It would seem so when I read a post saying a person has to actually go to the page
with their description just to find/see their pin.....

It's a real shocker when you can see how many pins are on the map already,
and a real nice bonus to be able to see all of the pins in your local area, all at once.

membermap.jpg

membermap2.jpg

Compare those screen grabs to what I see in IE and Chrome
when I open the very same link......

membermap4.jpg

Last edited:

DangerDane

DangerDane
Really nice forum post, actually it was just what i was looking for. I'm added now :D

Bg

Christian J

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
What I don't like is how easy it is to accidentally move someone else's pin. Great idea on the map, unfortunately I think the google platform isn't the best for our needs.

Not that I have any other suggestions to offer… :D

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Tried to save my pin to map, said saved. clicked done. reloaded map and pin is not there... Whad I do wrong???

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Kurt,

You're out on page 6 -- the page doesn't pop up until you've clicked over a few pages.

Just one more thing the Google API is lacking on . . .

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
What I don't like is how easy it is to accidentally move someone else's pin. Great idea on the map, unfortunately I think the google platform isn't the best for our needs.

Not that I have any other suggestions to offer… :D

The best set up I can think of is if the Google Map was locked and the only one with access to it is in charge. In order to get added, you contract the person with the key and say something like "I want a pin added to 43.064831,-89.702236 with the tag 'rcspaceflight' and the description 'this is where I fly' added." Then when the one in charge has time, he adds them. I think that will work since the initial rush of people adding themselves is done. I just don't know if anyone is willing to be the one in charge. *cough* eagle4 *cough*