Flite Test member map

carlsoti

Hey all. New to the FT forum. Added my local field in East Mesa, AZ and surprised that it wasn't already on there.

TadWaddell

have you seen my Champ?
I added my little flying site and Triple Tree Aerodrome. I got to go to Joe Nall this year and it was unbelievable, even on the last day with half of everything packed up and the other half packing up. Definitely plan on making a longer trip next year with my son and actually getting some stick time too.

Tad

Trimax

Pin added and also marked the location of the First Annual Flitefest spot where we will be flying

Last edited:

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Added Wenatchee Red Apple Fliers. Mentioned on FTO25 Podcast w/ SleepyC from Flying Giants. Home of Huckfest in WA.

"Best R/C air field ever!" says RC mag

FurryJock

Hi Guys,

New to the site. Threw up my pin of where I plan to take my first flight (Edinburgh, Scotland). Just waiting on a few parts then I'm good to go!!! :)

Cheers

frogman

Been trying to add my pin and just having no luck. Finally got it to "add" but it still doesn't appear in the town where I live. I'm in Stoughton, WI (USA) if anyone wants to come fly with me. I'm hoping it just has to update and will eventually show up. :mad:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Frogman,

I see two pins for you at the bottom of page 6, right on a nice field with a lake.

A lot of people are adding pins and getting frustrated when they don't pop up, not knowing they've been dropped on the last page. It's an issue with the Google API trying to prevent rendering too many points on one page. Would be nice if we had a better mapping tool for this, but google maps meets the biggest requirements: Free and easy.

frogman

Frogman,

I see two pins for you at the bottom of page 6, right on a nice field with a lake.

A lot of people are adding pins and getting frustrated when they don't pop up, not knowing they've been dropped on the last page. It's an issue with the Google API trying to prevent rendering too many points on one page. Would be nice if we had a better mapping tool for this, but google maps meets the biggest requirements: Free and easy.

Thanks, I will delete one of them. No need for a clone of me.

BTW for others possibly having trouble, when I tried to add in Internet Explorer when I would click on the blue pin to add my screen just started scrolling up and would not stop. I couldn't get it to work. I tried it in Google Chrome on a PC and it worked....imagine that a Google browser working better with a Google app....whodathunk. If you are having trouble try it in Chrome.

bacpck

I placed a tag near my house because I fly near there most of the time. I will be adding the local flying fields later.

Added Pin to one of our favorite park flys ;) "RCPrairieflyyer and Friends"

Not sure if this helps others, however I was on page 1 when I added the pin and after revisiting the page, Google maps moved it to the last page. :p

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
Added myself and two local fields INCLUDING Triple Tree, host to Joe Nall Week. Kinda surprised it was left off until now.

eagle4

Ok everyone. It seems many people still have not been looking after other people's pins. Other people's pins keep getting moved out into the ocean as you have panned the map and then you decided to hit save. Because of this I am locking the map so that only I (and perhaps later the mods too) can modify the map. This way the integrity of the map stays intact.

Now if you want to get your pin added to the map I want you to send me a PM here on this forum with specific details on the park where you fly. perhaps its a gps coordinates, or super specific information like if I was to say "Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park, Montreal, Quebec, Canada" it takes you to where I fly. (Usually when giving international people place names or directions we forget how many places globably have the same or similar names)

I'll be naming the pins your user name. If you want I can put in a small blurb about the flying site. but keep it simple. perhaps something like "Bob's Hill - Great for slope soaring" or " ABC Flying Field - AMA required, great bunch of guys" or "The park where I usually fly, get there early as people play soccer here"

I still want this map to grow, but I'm sure you can appreciate the need for keeping everyone's pins where they were placed originally.

If you don't see your pin on the first page, there are at the moment 6 full pages of pins to scroll through, yours will be there

So shoot me a message and I'll update your pins

Happy Flying
Dave

P.S Due to people moving pins into the middle of the ocean, sadly today I had to remove the pins named, if you want these reinstated just hit me up. As some of them didnt have people's usernames on them I don't know the chances of you recognising your pin is missing.
TW-Ryder's Crash Site 2
Mad Duk Man
runway
EODPete
Pilot Scott
ChrisConner
Becktol
NewZee flys here
daniel_t
red stick rc club
RaiderC
Lonewolf7717
JasonEricAnderson
Mark Park RC AirField
hi from Costa rica
Nightfox7
Helifino flying site 2
Slope Soaring

Last edited:

MustangStud

Resurrected Member
Eagle... apparently your inbox is full as I can not send you my response. Just put the pin down on the Pella municipal airport. It's on the west side of town.

andy2096

Flying in Salt Lake City

I fly out of Salt Lake City. I am new to the hobby, so I have no official flying sites. There is Liberty Park (600 east 900 south), international peace gardens (1060 south 900 west), evergreen park (3425 south 2230 east), and sugar house park (2100 south 1300 east). These are all city parks with enough space for flying. I fly quad copters and helicopters, and am new to fixed wing. My email is seymoreharrybutts@yahoo.com.