Flite Test member map

eagle4

Hey gang, I thought it might be useful to have a way to easily find and get in touch with other flite test members who may be in the same area as you.

I've started a google map showing everyone's favourite flying fields.

Now if you want to get your pin added to the map I want you to send me a PM here on this forum with specific details on the park where you fly. perhaps its a gps coordinates, or super specific information like if I was to say "Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park, Montreal, Quebec, Canada" it takes you to where I fly. (Usually when giving international people place names or directions we forget how many places globably have the same or similar names)

I'll name it your username and people can come back to the forum to find you and to say "hey, lets go have a fly". You may be surprised there is a flite test member just around the corner from you. Be sure to check all the pages, there are a lot of flitetest fans all across the globe and google only allows limited number of pins to be shown at any one time.

Here is the link
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=206537710041372649195.0004e7d9393f716d5c0bf

Dave

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Well, we could be farther apart in North America, but not by much.

Good Idea, Dave! I'm in!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
how do I add a pin?

- Hit the big edit button
- Navigate to your location/flying site
- Click the "add a placemark" (blue pin) icon on the map, then click the position.
- A new marker will appear on the map and a matching new item will pop up on the list on the left -- fill it out.
- Hit save and you're all set!

Johan

Hey gang, I thought it might be useful to have a way to easily find and get in touch with other flite test members who may be in the same area as you.

I've started a google map. (if i've done this correctly it should work) .......
Dave

Hi Dave, nice initiative! After adding my location (in the Netherlands), the initial zoom level has changed a bit (I'm across the ocean, Google adapts the zoom to fit all locations). If that is a problem, remove me again :)

Johan

:) Wonder what it looks like if all (what 80.000?) FT followers would put their pin on the map.
Pretty impressive I guess!