Flite test Mighty Mini Guinea,

luke1350a

Hi there, i am wishing to build the Flite test Mighty Mini Guinea, i have a 4 point receiver. if i want variable thrust as well as the rest of the controls will i need to upgrade to a 6 point or will a four be fine?

Headbang

Master member
While it might be possible to do differential thrust mixing on some platforms with a 4 channel reciever, most require 6 channel due to the way the rudder channel works as default on most systems.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hi there, i am wishing to build the Flite test Mighty Mini Guinea, i have a 4 point receiver. if i want variable thrust as well as the rest of the controls will i need to upgrade to a 6 point or will a four be fine?
A 4 channel Rx will work just fine, aileron, elevator & 2 for throttle.

Headbang

Master member
It depends on platform. Or maybe I am just to thick to figure it out. I was never able to make a 4 channel reciever work on spectrum for differential thrust. Even 6 channel did not work for the level of mixing I wanted to allow crazy flat spins, needed 2 aux channels for that (6 channel did work for basic differential thust). Graupner is more forgiving. Open platforms seem to have more options allowing the complete reassignment of channels, allowing a 4 channel to work.

FDS

Elite member
I would get a 6channel receiver, if you have a compatible transmitter. Then you have a channel for the cargo drop too. If you are DSMX there are plenty on non Spektrum ones for good money, I use Lemon RX, which have great range and are only 9g each. They are under $15 shipped, or the Orange ones from HobbyKing are less than $10.