flite test music

tankball

Posting Elsewhere
i think i remeber seeing a post about the music u guys use. but i dont remeber.

is there a way i can have the music? i my self real like it, and i'll to see how my DubStep gun will take to the music.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
It's done by Chad's son. Check out FliteTestGremlin channel on YouTube. I think they talked about it on there.

on edit: actually I just looked through there and don't see the video I was thinking of...I'll keep looking.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I thought in the PodCast about production they talked about the music. I remember the director (the one guy with Flite Test that doesn't fly anything) and he said that all the tracks actually have names but they didn't remember what they are. lol. They talked about making it available for people to get, but it's one of those things that has never happened. (And probably won't unless Chad gets some pressure to do so.) They know that people have asked for it and in the PodCast I think they joked around about it actually become hit music. lol.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I thought in the PodCast about production they talked about the music. I remember the director (the one guy with Flite Test that doesn't fly anything)

Whoa... flag on the field here. ;) Chad was the director, and he did too fly stuff.

Now, the guy who made most of the music is Michael Carmenetti, and yeah... I don't think he flew much.

(He's at the 53 second mark.)

and he said that all the tracks actually have names but they didn't remember what they are. lol. They talked about making it available for people to get, but it's one of those things that has never happened.

Maybe... the guys stay busy trying to get a podcast out every week, two video episodes, trying to generate connections to make future shows that you'll be excited to watch, get the Flite Test destination location to become a reality, cut speed build kits, take orders and ship them out as well as all the other behind the scenes things that make the business run.

As someone (no one Flite Test related) recently told me while I was coming up with all sorts of "great" promotional idea... "Which of the things we're doing now should we cut back on, to get the new things started?"

(And probably won't unless Chad gets some pressure to do so.)

Too late...

They know that people have asked for it and in the PodCast I think they joked around about it actually become hit music. lol.

Maybe bring it up again in the "slower" season? With all of the travel to airshows and events, I'm betting the guys haven't had much spare time.

demon646

rc n00b
Bring this Thread back!! I would pay $10 or $20 for an amazon MP3 playlist of all the music by Michael Carmenetti !!

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
100% of our music is produced by Michael Cameneti (a former filmmaker/editor of the show that now runs his own business). He actually recently produced 5 new tracks for us, some of which has been incorporated into new content and some of which have not been heard yet!

We haven't ever offered the FT music for download but perhaps we will in the future. We are still building a decent catalog of music to use in the episodes but I would expect some sort of release in the future. :)

crow

We haven't ever offered the FT music for download but perhaps we will in the future. We are still building a decent catalog of music to use in the episodes but I would expect some sort of release in the future. :)

OK, the future is here, where can I download it now? :)

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
and you can always download audio versions of the videos and just edit the music out if you want.

kdobson83

Flite Test Soundtracks!

100% of our music is produced by Michael Cameneti (a former filmmaker/editor of the show that now runs his own business). He actually recently produced 5 new tracks for us, some of which has been incorporated into new content and some of which have not been heard yet!

You said the music would be here soon like going on a year and a half ago. Did you guys forget? Lol I can say that I would pay for the music, and if I would surely there are many others that would as well. No need for CD's, just offer digital downloads right in the store with everything else.

Does anyone out there agree? Would it be beneficial for FliteTest to sell their music? Would you buy it?

kdobson83

I am writing this to get it back to the top of the forums as it needs some more attention. Who thinks FliteTest should sell their music as downloads on their store?

I am writing this to get it back to the top of the forums as it needs some more attention. Who thinks FliteTest should sell their music as downloads on their store?

I don't, 'cause it'll put me outta business :D

Seriously though, I think that free downloads would be great. By the way, what do you guys think of the new music that's been used in recent episodes like the Flugtag, the Vlogs and the Glider Golf?

kdobson83

I don't, 'cause it'll put me outta business :D

Seriously though, I think that free downloads would be great. By the way, what do you guys think of the new music that's been used in recent episodes like the Flugtag, the Vlogs and the Glider Golf?

Put you out of business? How so?

I like the new music, but I miss the old music too. I started listening to the podcasts the other day, made me miss the old music. Heck, I kinda miss the old intro to the episodes too. Made it feel more like a show and less like a regular old YouTube video.

Put you out of business? How so?

I like the new music, but I miss the old music too. I started listening to the podcasts the other day, made me miss the old music. Heck, I kinda miss the old intro to the episodes too. Made it feel more like a show and less like a regular old YouTube video.

If you read my earlier post, you'll see that I intended to record the music and post it here. It wouldn't put me out of business in the financial sense, but the "official" tracks would be definitely be more popular :).

I totally agree with you on the intro being too short... they need a new one, and it has to be AT LEAST 15 seconds long! The old music also sounded unique in its instrumentation and use of sound effects. I would never have guessed that the new soundtracks are produced by the same composer.

Last edited:

kdobson83

If you read my earlier post, you'll see that I intended to record the music and post it here. It wouldn't put me out of business in the financial sense, but the "official" tracks would be definitely be more popular :).

I totally agree with you on the intro being too short... they need a new one, and it has to be AT LEAST 15 seconds long! The old music also sounded unique in its instrumentation and use of sound effects. I would never have guessed that the new soundtracks are produced by the same composer.

Yes, you would be out of business for sure.

Im about to email Austin directly to see what his plans are with the music.

A 15 second intro would be good. Not too long to turn people away, but long enough to give that 'show' feel to it.

Yes, you would be out of business for sure.

Im about to email Austin directly to see what his plans are with the music.

A 15 second intro would be good. Not too long to turn people away, but long enough to give that 'show' feel to it.

Yes, please do that :D! Maybe if we all ask enough times they'll finally give in :).

kdobson83

OK, I emailed them. I wouldn't keep your hopes up though. I'm sure they are super busy and just little ole me bugging em about it probably won't do much. �� So you might be able to stay in business.
Anyone else want the FliteTest music available?