Flite Test on night flying...

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Me night flying :)
nightlaunchJuly4.jpg

Telco_924

Night Snowball.jpg

Here is a picture from our last night fly. We did a couple long-exposure pictures and I thought this one turned out GREAT!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Woow.

I´ve heard of that long-exposure stuff before but never thought of combining :D Looks great dude!!

Keep em coming. We want to see more :D

UndCon

UndCon
Cool pics

I added extra visibility for my Quad - 2 segments of white and 2 segments of red on the lower side of the arms.
(ill take a few pics tonight)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Here's a few night shots made while at an event recently.

This one, the pilot landed, picked up the plane, and stood for me for a moment. And the results...

DSC_2522.jpg

One of the cool things about the plane in this shot, and the one above, is that the pilot had blue lights on top, and red on the bottom, so you get this very distinct transition between the two colors, depending on the pitch of the plane relative to the camera.

DSC_2521.jpg

This one is a little extra interesting, because the pilot had a sequencer on the lights, that made them blink, and that's why they look like dashes.

DSC_2525.jpg

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Ohhhhhh my gooood!

That looks awesome! I need to try that out sooner rather then later!
Can every normal/digital camera do that, with that long exposure stuff?
That looks amazing. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure if the "normal" point and shoot camera can do much of long exposure shots.

I think you can cheat a little with the "night shot" which holds the shutter open a little longer than normal.

I was shooting with my Nikon D3100 and had the shutter open for about 30 seconds. I don't know of any point and shoot digitals that will do that.

UndCon

UndCon
In manual settings you can change exposures on most cameras
A tripod is a must - a remote or delay to get rid of vibrations is also helpful

//UndCon

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Which Canon have you got ?

I have a canon here and my dad has a massive canon aswell

PowerShot SD880 IS Digital Elph

To use long exposure, go to P mode (not auto) press center button, select the +-0 option (exposure) and press Disp. Screen says long shutter, goes from 1 sec to 15 sec.