Flite Test Open House

earthsciteach

I saw that Flite Test is having an open house this weekend, Sept. 21 from a posting on their facebook page. Didn't see anything posted on the forum about it, so thought I'd mention it. I'd love to make it, but with my son just having the kidney transplant, it would be a very outside chance of convincing my wife of this, since it is about 5 hours drive for me. Hope they have one in the near future!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
MAN! I've been rained out of TWO fly-ins this year and would love to make this trip. I wish it was advertised awhile ago so some could make plans.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I get that they don't want the event to get too busy or crazy. Or maybe it was a last minute decision to do it. All I know is that I live too far away and it's probably a good thing that I can't go.

If it goes well I'm sure they'll have another one. Hopefully next time it'll be better announced and a "first 50 people that sign up can come" type of thing.

They mentioned it when I met them at NEAT last weekend. I have Ohio ties, just can't make it back there for the event, too much going on.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Man, I wish those FT guys would quit treating the forum like an unloved "...." step child while favoring every social media site. I feel abandoned! :(

Thurmond

The social media sites are easy. They can blast out a message, hit lots more people, and there's no obligation to have a time consuming conversation.

That might sound "selfish" but I'm just glad with as much of their personal time spent on a "side project" that none of them have gotten burned out. Take Chad for example. He owns and runs his own production company. He's probably involved in several projects for that at any one time. He's taken on Flite Test the video show. Flite Test the web site. Flite Test the social media outlets. Flite Test the store. Flite Test the forum. Flite Test HQ construction. And now Flite Test the podcast.

For a side project, he has a lot invested in it, that requires his attention. Not to mention still needing to be a father and husband, AND have some personal time so he doesn't end up pulling all of his hair out.

So, yeah, while I'd love more FT attention to the forum, I can certainly forgive them letting us run this mad house ourselves. ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
All true, FM, but on the latest episode they took the time to mention *EVERY* other social connection . . . except this one.

I know they've got more than a few irons in the fire, but they keep making me (and likely others) wonder that they haven't shut us down simply because they've forgotten we're here.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
He's taken on Flite Test the video show. Flite Test the web site. Flite Test the social media outlets. Flite Test the store. Flite Test the forum. Flite Test HQ construction. And now Flite Test the podcast.;)
Flitest the lunchbox? Sorry, had to get a Spaceballs reference in today or I lose the bet...

The forums do seem to be a redheaded stepchild, but it's fairly well established forum, where most of the social media has a short attention span with a shorter memory, where if you don't keep something going on it, it will tend to be forgotten.

earthsciteach

I believe this is something that Chad is planning on holding once a month. Hopefully they will give some more lead time. I will definitely make the 5 hour drive for that.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
All true, FM, but on the latest episode they took the time to mention *EVERY* other social connection . . . except this one.

I know they've got more than a few irons in the fire, but they keep making me (and likely others) wonder that they haven't shut us down simply because they've forgotten we're here.

And it didn't come up in the Podcast... yeah yeah yeah. It hurts my feelings too. I just don't want to rock the boat, in case they decide to pull the plug on the forums. ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
"don't point it out just in case it's true" . . . yeah, you got a point . . .

RoyBro

Mentor

I noticed that as well. I thought about commenting on it, but I thought that they consider the forum as part of the Web site or home page.
I too would like to see more participation from flite test crew.

RoyBro

Mentor
It would be nice, but as far as I'm concerned, I am already getting more than I pay for.

I agree. I'm completely happy with the level of expertise of the forum participants. It would just be nice to see some acknowledgement from the crew. I think I just want that feeling of being included.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The "Crew" is constantly spreading themselves thinner and thinner so more participation here is NOT likely. :( Still though it would be nice if they at least acknowledge us once in a while! Personally I think it is a mistake to not keep ALL information in a central resource instead of "spread about".

Thurmond

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The "Crew" is constantly spreading themselves thinner and thinner so more participation here is NOT likely. :( Still though it would be nice if they at least acknowledge us once in a while! Personally I think it is a mistake to not keep ALL information in a central resource instead of "spread about".

Thurmond

Which is why they are focusing on the main site, and not the forum.

So shhhhh.... otherwise they might deem the forum redundant. ;)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Which is why they are focusing on the main site, and not the forum.

So shhhhh.... otherwise they might deem the forum redundant. ;)

It would take years and a large team to extract the relevant content that this forum contains and convert it to another form unless the entire site was archived as read only and I for one would look on such action as a direct attack on all who have taken time to share here. That would be a VERY bad move on FT's part.

Thurmond