Flite Test plans in Vector

USCATX

Are these available somewhere? It would be great for scaling since surfaces grow but the foam width does not.

Apple Pie

Elite member
I pull the PDF's into Inkscape (like a free Adobe Illustrator) and then remove the logos, borders etc. All the lines are then vectors and can be scaled to your hearts content. Save the file as a SVG and you can import it into a variety of CAD programs. I import them into Vectric VCarve for cutting out on my CNC with a vacuum table and needle cutter. Works so well I've become completely addicted to cutting out plans. Good luck!

USCATX

Thanks for the Inkscape idea, when I googled that the first result explained that 2017+ Autocad has pdf import native so this wasn’t needed anymore. I’m up and running and already scaled the mini mustang up to 30” with the right size cutouts and bevels. Call me crazy, but I’m not a fan of 24” wingspans and this should be a nice in between size.

Last edited:

USCATX

Behold the FT Mini 30” Mustang. Still plots 24”x36” but still need to translate to 20x30 DTFB.

Attachments

• 1CD1939C-BE0C-489C-B6E5-7D39E943EA9A.jpeg
    1CD1939C-BE0C-489C-B6E5-7D39E943EA9A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I work with Autodesk for a living and feel like I should understand a vector PDF, but not sure I do. What’s the SP0NZ index?
Nice. What do you do for Autodesk? I used to work in the reseller channel about 10 years ago.

USCATX

Nice. What do you do for Autodesk? I used to work in the reseller channel about 10 years ago.

I should have been more clear, I’m a civil engineer and we use AutoCAD/Civil 3D for plan production. Although I only do a few hours of CAD a week these days which could explain me not knowing about the pdfimport command.

I do have a couple of buddies working for Autodesk on the Fusion team. They both came from the VAR world as well.