• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Flite test power pack c.

kilroy07

A 2200 3cell ought to do the trick for most of the standard planes and is the "workhorse/standard" battery, around 1300-1500 if you want to go a bit lighter/smaller (personally, I wouldn't go below 25C discharge rate.)

The Hangar

What airplane will it be for? I typically run on 3s 1000 mah in my simple cub and simple scout, and a 1500 mah 3s in my spitfireand Edge 540.

chris398mx

I bought one of the new Radial C packs and a 4S battery recommended for the FT-P47. The power pack comes with 10x4.5 props. The problem is my motor is getting pretty hot and I am flying a generally 50% throttle with short burst once in a while. Did Flite TEST make a poor recommendation for 4S and prop size? Should i be running a smaller prop with this set up? If so, what prop would work good with the 4S batteries? Thanks for any help you guys or gals can recommend.

The Hangar

I bought one of the new Radial C packs and a 4S battery recommended for the FT-P47. The power pack comes with 10x4.5 props. The problem is my motor is getting pretty hot and I am flying a generally 50% throttle with short burst once in a while. Did Flite TEST make a poor recommendation for 4S and prop size? Should i be running a smaller prop with this set up? If so, what prop would work good with the 4S batteries? Thanks for any help you guys or gals can recommend.
Hmm, that’s strange, and if it’s a problem on flitetest’s end, that’s pretty disappointing. Maybe try a 9 inch prop...

FDS

@chris398mx If you look at the motor specs I suspect that it’s designed to run a 10” prop at 3s. You are spinning a big pitchy prop faster, which will increase the load a lot. You want a 9x3 prop on 4s I suspect.